Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When Eddie Sutton was out with his DUI and his son was the Interm head coach the record for OSU went to Eddie as he is trying to reach a milestone. When a coach is suspended and the assistants take over for a game or a few games the record goes to the suspended coach. When Gary Waters was snowed in he got credit for the win Fred hill coached.

I feel that Rider's record last year goes to Harnum and Dempsey is 0-0. The interm tag means just taking over for the head coach so last year Harnum was the head coach and went 8-20. So it is my point that the MAAC now has 5 new head coaches this year. Dempsey, Cooley, Parrotta, SPC and Manhattan.

:biggrin:

· Registered
688 Posts
Beagle said:
When Eddie Sutton was out with his DUI and his son was the Interm head coach the record for OSU went to Eddie as he is trying to reach a milestone. When a coach is suspended and the assistants take over for a game or a few games the record goes to the suspended coach. When Gary Waters was snowed in he got credit for the win Fred hill coached.

I feel that Rider's record last year goes to Harnum and Dempsey is 0-0. The interm tag means just taking over for the head coach so last year Harnum was the head coach and went 8-20. So it is my point that the MAAC now has 5 new head coaches this year. Dempsey, Cooley, Parrotta, SPC and Manhattan.

:biggrin:
Beagie:

(Hope your good friend Raver doesn't mind if I call you Beagie.)

You have me convinced :boohoo: :buddies:

· Registered
2,396 Posts
Nice try, Beags. Except I asked numerous times if Harnum was helping coach this year's team and you said he wasn't. Therefore, it is logical to conclude that Dempsey was the head coach this year, regardless of any title he had.

Furthermore. Dempsey coached the team last year in his own right, to include running practices, determining playing time, and game strategy. Dempsey is the coach and he has an 8-20 record. Put an asterisk by it if you want, but no way does he start 0-0

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.