1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Link
By Joe Juliano
Inquirer Staff Writer

Since training camp, 76ers coach Randy Ayers has proceeded slowly with Samuel Dalembert, the team's young center, choosing not to overwhelm him with too much information but pointing out his mistakes when necessary, at some times more loudly than at other times.

Now it looks as if Dalembert is ready to rise to another level after having posted terrific numbers in Wednesday night's double-overtime loss to Dallas - career highs of 24 points and 16 rebounds in a career-high 54 minutes.

That next level could be a spot in the starting lineup, but Ayers, again, isn't going to rush Dalembert into anything for which he's not quite ready.

"We'll see," the coach said after the Sixers' practice yesterday at Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. "We'll see how he keeps developing.

"The thing I love about him is he's been able to put back-to-back rebounding games together. That's what's been the great thing about it.

"So we'll just have to wait and see. I'm not ready to put him in [the starting lineup] full-time right now, but if he continues to get better, I think, it's something we have to think about."

The 6-foot-11 Dalembert, 22, started for the 14th time this season Wednesday night. Eleven of those starts have been as a replacement for Derrick Coleman when Coleman's sore left knee has left him unable to play.
I like the idea of not putting to much pressure on him and keeping it easy for him untill he developes.

·
Registered
527 Posts
hes a great surprise for all and at this moment i agree in hes playing at start tonight because what i said in the last post coleman go of one injury and dalamber in great moment , but for the next game reduce the minutes of him .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts