Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
>>Tyson Chandler, who played last season between 215 and 220 pounds, is checking in at 230, with most of his added muscle in his shoulders.<<

Hope that doesn't kill what little touch he had. :D

Just joking. :)

>>LINK<<

oh...

>>And I feel stronger this season," Hassell said.<<

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
That is good news on Tyson. I like him - a lot. His enthusiasm alone will propel him to work hard every year. I just think he is a special young player who is going to surprise a lot of fans.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A lot has been made of the fact that neither of the two young big men have a 'money', or a 'go-to' move.

I think this is the season where they get comfortable with their bodies and learn what that one or two things that they can do that no one can stop is.

It's gonna be fun.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Isle</b>!
A lot has been made of the fact that neither of the two young big men have a 'money', or a 'go-to' move.

I think this is the season where they get comfortable with their bodies and learn what that one or two things that they can do that no one can stop is.

It's gonna be fun.
This is interesting. However, I have seen Curry try a baby hook several times that could be devistating. I'm actually impressed by his variety of moves around the hoop. He's going to be FINE on offense.

Tyson, on the other hand, is desperately in need of a pet move. He's so raw in there, and he can't capitalize when he gets the ball deep in the post. I agree that he needs some money moves, and then they will both be scary.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Bulls Rebounding

The Bulls rebounding should be greatly improved this season. Last year, when given minutes, Curry and Chandler began raking in the double-doubles. Then we added two guys this offseason, Blount and Marshall, who put up incredible rebounds-per-minute numbers. Add that to Fizer, who although criticized as a rebounder, still got 5.6 rpg in less than 30 mpg and we have 5 strong rebounders on the team who will play significant minutes. I think our rebounding woes may be a thing of the past.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Isle</b>!
>>Tyson Chandler, who played last season between 215 and 220 pounds, is checking in at 230, with most of his added muscle in his shoulders.<<

Hope that doesn't kill what little touch he had. :D
Chandler's touch will improve as he puts on weight. He is so tall, slender and was so weak that a little bump from a PF in this league knocked him off-balance somewhat. He is about 2-3 years and 15-20 pounds away from being a nightmare matchup for just about every team in the league.

Keep drinking those milk-shakes, Chan!

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
This is good, but isn't Loren Woods at 250lbs? I'd like to see Tyson at least at 250, if not 260, 270, especially at 7'2"

I'm sure by his 5th or so year, he'll stand in at around 265lbs, I also think this is where Kareem played at 7'2" as well?

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Louie</b>!
Are you sure Woods is at 250? He looks skinnier than Tyson if anything.
I believe he was listed at 250... I could be wrong, but I'm semi-sure. I'm sure someone could look up the pre-draft measurements.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by <b>RetroDreams</b>!
This is good, but isn't Loren Woods at 250lbs? I'd like to see Tyson at least at 250, if not 260, 270, especially at 7'2"
Only if it doesn't hurt his hops and athleticism.

But by then he should be so exceptionally skilled that he can adjust.

Think---we could have TWO unbeatable post-up players.

Wow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts