Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read the article :reporter:

Milwaukee Bucks general manager Larry Harris is shaking his head at the rumors swirling around his team.

The Bucks are going to be sold, possibly to former NBA great Michael Jordan. Coach Terry Porter is going to be fired or depart to coach his former team in Portland. Guard Michael Redd will be a free agent and could be departing to Cleveland. And Harris could be fired.

I am not so sure TP would be my first choice, but I think he maybe 4-6 or so....

I know this has been talked about in other threads. But its one of the first tmes I think I have read speculation from others sayng so. I had read earlier in the year when Mo was fired, he had no comment since he was still trying to win in Milwaukee doing his job.

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
He took a similar Bucks team to the palyoffs last year. Remember this team is without its floor leader in TJ Ford. He did an amazing job last year and he'd be a great choice.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
If he does come it would be cool if he brought Redd with him.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Target said:
If he does come it would be cool if he brought Redd with him.
Yeah, that would be cool. Too bad he isn't GM. He could make a trade like Redd and Gadzuric for Derek Anderson, then take the gig here.

That wouldn't be cheating, would it?

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Trader Bob said:
Read the article :reporter:

I am not so sure TP would be my first choice, but I think he maybe 4-6 or so....

I know this has been talked about in other threads. But its one of the first tmes I think I have read speculation from others sayng so. I had read earlier in the year when Mo was fired, he had no comment since he was still trying to win in Milwaukee doing his job.
If you read that article again, I think you'll see that the sentence you quoted is listed as one of several rumors that have been circulating about the Bucks. The owner is then quoted as saying there's no truth to the rumors:

Any time you have the type of season that we've had, there are always rumors being floated around," Harris said. "I don't think any team who has had a disappointing year doesn't go through these things. That's all they are. There is no truth to them. But these are things you deal with.
Of course, owners quite often deny rumors about firing coaches right before they fire them.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I would guess that the speculation is based only on the fact that the Blazers have an opening, rather than any specific info. I'd be happy to see him here, since I think he proved his worth motivating a team to overachieve. I'd be a little afraid, too, since I'd really hate to see his Portland legacy tarnished if/when he's booted. Oh well, maybe he'd get the local media to lay off the "player x didn't offer to carry my luggage" type stories.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
e_blazer1 said:
If you read that article again, I think you'll see that the sentence you quoted is listed as one of several rumors that have been circulating about the Bucks. The owner is then quoted as saying there's no truth to the rumors:

Of course, owners quite often deny rumors about firing coaches right before they fire them.
I did catch it the first time... and I agree...

and he is probably goinng to sell the team...... and is nto going to sell the team...

you just never know with the Bucks.. :whoknows: they supposedly have had that team for sale for about 5-6 years now....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts