1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snow could join Brown in New York
November 20
Philadelphia Inquirer (registration required):
This is his second season away from Philadelphia, but Cleveland Cavaliers starting point guard Eric Snow doesn't take coming back here for granted.

Snow, who played 61/2 seasons for the 76ers before being traded before last season, still gets nostalgic when he comes to Philadelphia.

"I spent a lot of time here and have a lot of friends," Snow said before last night's game with the Sixers at the Wachovia Center. "I don't go into many arenas and know everyone. It's still a special place and will continue to be one."

Snow has had the experience of playing with two of the game's biggest superstars, Allen Iverson and now Cleveland's LeBron James.

"In playing with [both] future Hall of Fame players on a daily basis, they continue to amaze you with their intensity, their energy, toughness and ability to do stuff that even a lot of NBA players only dream about doing," Snow said.

Snow added that Iverson and James have different styles but get the same successful results.

"Where as LeBron's game is made more to play through other people, A.I.'s game is made for more people to follow him," Snow said. "It's a difference, so you can't make a comparison."

Snow's name has been linked to the New York Knicks since former Sixers coach Larry Brown was named head coach during the summer.

"That is my man, and he will stay my man," Snow said of Brown. "I'm happy where I am, but if anything would ever change, I would love to stay around Coach Brown."
About an hour before Saturday’s game with the Cleveland Cavaliers, a 76ers coach wrote some fast facts about an opposing player on the whiteboard. Defensive-minded. Takes charges. Fifteen-foot range. Considering that this opposing player was Eric Snow, the coach probably didn’t need to write anything. The Sixers already know a whole lot about Snow, who played six-and-half successful seasons in Philadelphia, including its drive to the NBA Finals in 2000-01. And even though Snow is now two seasons removed from his days with the Sixers, the Cavs points guard said he still has a lot of strong feelings towards the team and city that bred him into the player that he is.

"It’s still strange," Snow said before Saturday’s game, his first return to Philadelphia this year. "I spent a lot of time here. I still have a lot of friends. It’s not often when you go into an arena and know everyone -- people at the doors, everybody working the game. It’s still a special place, and it’s going to continue to be one."

Interestingly enough, Snow did not rule out a trade to the dysfunctional New York Knicks, whose coach, Larry Brown, has been rumored to want a true point guard to play alongside Stephon Marbury. Brown and Snow, of course, shared many good seasons together in Philadelphia.
Is he not happy with the Cavs? I know he loves Larry Brown and he seems very open to a trade. What can the Knicks offer? Eric Snow makes $5,480,000 this year. I think he needs to be packaged with someone else.
<table border="0" bordercolor="#ffffff" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" height="24" width="668"> <tbody><tr bgcolor="#ffffff"></tr></tbody> </table>

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Sounds like a rumor to me. Snow is well liked by his teammates and does good charity work in the community. He seems perfectly happy to me. Hearing Eric say he likes Coach Brown or still loves the city of Philly doesn't come off threatening from my view.

I don't see any reason why Cleveland would bother trading either of their PGs until after the season. And there's no reason at all to trade with NY.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
There's no reason to make a move like this during the season. Snow is a key part of our rotation, so you'd be setback on chemistry with whoever was brought in. Unless you're trading for a superstar, you don't deal your starters in the midst of long winning streaks.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I saw on ESPN that it could be him for Malik Rose. So I would say this is all a rumor. First off NY does not need any more guards. Second off the Cavs dont need any more power forwards. They have been talking about Snow going to NY since preseason. I personall dont think it will happen and am ignoring the rumors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts