Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy is an absolute basketball genius! No bulletin there...

I remember when West played (that's how old I am... :( ). He was a GREAT player. Being inducted into the HOF doesn't do him justice...he was "Mr. Clutch" delivering time and time again.

The fact that he has been able to eclipse his basketball playing career with his basketball executive career is even more incredible.

From player to coach to general manager to executive...there has been NO BETTER in the game today. Now he's part owner, and I would venture to say he will also be the best owner ever too.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
I'm excited for Jerry and I agree with your assessment completely.
Has any player done more for this league when you look at his long career? I say, "NO!"
When there were rumors about the nba logo being changed, I thought I would lose it - I mean nobody, but nobody deserves to have his form being the nba logo like Jerry does!

I think most basketball fanatics are excited to see what Jerry does in the next couple years. Tennessee is fortunate to have gotten someone as an exec who not only knows the game - but someone who really has the talent to spot other talent.

I think we're going to see a fun team in Memphis quicker than most would think. :yes:

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TheRifleman said:
I think we're going to see a fun team in Memphis quicker than most would think. :yes:
That's for sure!

Considering how the Lakers stole players from other teams in trades, Mitch Kupchak also has his marching orders: "Thou shalt not deal with Memphis!" :laugh:

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Ron said:

That's for sure!

Considering how the Lakers stole players from other teams in trades, Mitch Kupchak also has his marching orders: "Thou shalt not deal with Memphis!" :laugh:
Probably true - but heck, the Lakers don't need anybody and won't for a long time - so Mitch is safe !! :laugh:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Can he finally bring some credibility to this franchise?? He certainly has one thing in his favor, raw talent at almost every position up alot of potential upside. Not too mention a very nice pick at no.4.

West has alot of options he can persue, and I'm hoping he turns J-Will into the star I know he can be. If anyone can do that, West can.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
raptors32 said:
Can he finally bring some credibility to this franchise?? He certainly has one thing in his favor, raw talent at almost every position up alot of potential upside. Not too mention a very nice pick at no.4.

West has alot of options he can persue, and I'm hoping he turns J-Will into the star I know he can be. If anyone can do that, West can.
You bring up a really good point - JWill. You are right on about West being able to do wonders. I will be very interested in how he either works with JWill or sends him to another team.

We shall know sooner than later about this very interesting topic - and JWill is not just interesting, he is a pure showman, delighting many people. Will West help JWill to turn that into "WINS" for Memphis is one thing we'll all be watching.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
We shall know sooner than later about this very interesting topic - and JWill is not just interesting, he is a pure showman, delighting many people. Will West help JWill to turn that into "WINS" for Memphis is one thing we'll all be watching.
This thread is amazingly old, but brings up some great topics. How does everyone think about West and J-Will. Especially J-Will considering the massive help Hubie has been for him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts