Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure y'all have seen this blowing up ESPN or whatever, so let's talk about it. Do you guys actually see Bean hanging it up after two more years?

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought I remembered a thread on this but it wasn't on the first page so I posted it anyways. Regardless it's news at this point in the offseason and it can generate discussion. I guess I'll use this as an opprotunity to thank the punny archivist for his gameday threads in my absence.

I think he'll stay more than two more years, but I wouldn't be disappointed if he hung it up in '14. I'm not trying to see Kobe play into obscurity.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
If Kobe's still playing at the level he's currently playing at in two more years, I think he sticks around for another year or two (2016? Maybe he'll hit 20 years of playing). But if he starts sensing an obvious decline in his game from where he is now, I think he'll hang it up. I really do believe that having Nash and Howard here will add another year or two to his game. He won't have to do nearly as much anymore.

Man, it'll be so ****ing weird watching the Lakers without Kobe, though. I wonder if he'll announce that it's his final season when the time comes. Imagine all his home and away games. I would hope the fans in LA could at least get up for that.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
It'd be weird to see the Lakers go into a season without Kobe. Not to worry, though; I'm sure you jackasses will find a way to somehow turn a broken-down Pau into Kevin Love in February '14.

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kevin Love? More like Kevin Durant. We're the Lakers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts