Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't think we could get a deal done by the deadline but I wonder if Tyson rounds back into some type of form whether a draft day trade of Chandler and Hinrich could net Paul Pierce

This would pave the way for Crawford being resigned to moving back to the point and trying to fill the 3 in free agency

Or a trade I posted the other day had

Jason Williams going to Houston

Crawford and Curry to Memphis

Steve Francis and Stromile Swift to Boston

Paul Pierce and Shane Battier to Chicago

Bulls

Davis
Chandler
Battier
Pierce
Hinrich

Houston

Ming
Cato
Jackson
Mobely
Williams

Boston

Mihm
Swift
Davis
Welsh
Francis

So .. who'd do Curry and Crawford for Pierce and Battier ?

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
I would do JC and EC for Pierce and Battier right now. Where do I sign up?

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
R U kidding me.

I'd even throw in our 1st rounder and still,Ainge not giving The Truth,Houston won't take Jason Williams for Franchise,and we can keep on dreaming.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Originally posted by <b>FJ_of _Rockaway</b>!
I don't think we could get a deal done by the deadline but I wonder if Tyson rounds back into some type of form whether a draft day trade of Chandler and Hinrich could net Paul Pierce

This would pave the way for Crawford being resigned to moving back to the point and trying to fill the 3 in free agency

Or a trade I posted the other day had

Jason Williams going to Houston

Crawford and Curry to Memphis

Steve Francis and Stromile Swift to Boston

Paul Pierce and Shane Battier to Chicago
Bulls

Davis
Chandler
Battier
Pierce
Hinrich

Houston

Ming
Cato
Jackson
Mobely
Williams

Boston

[/b]

Mihm
Swift
Davis
Welsh
Francis

[/b]

So .. who'd do Curry and Crawford for Pierce and Battier ?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I dunno- I'm not sure if this would ever happen, but I think you guys are being too hard on this deal- it's not that far out there. Not only has Francis never been the true pg that the Rockets really need him to be, he is having his worst statistical season ever. Williams is not as good a player as Francis straight-up, but he's a much better playmaker and he's got one of the lowest assisst-to-turnover ratios in the league.

As far as Boston, I can't really see them doing this just because Pierce is so revered in New England. But when you just consider the exchange of talent, Francis and Swift for Pierce is not that bad a deal, especially when you consider the premium on quality big men nowadays, and the fact that the Celtics are currently going nowhere at an alarming rate.

Maybe this deal would work if Battier went to either Houston or Boston instead of here. I'd crap myself with glee if we could get Pierce for Crawford and Curry, straight-up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts