Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....say it now before it's trendy to say. I'm honestly on the fence about who's better for OKC between the two, even after Harden's finals no show.

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Over Westbrook? no

Over Ibaka, yes.

I actually think that OKC should have fork up the cash and keep all of them. It's a bad business move because they can make the money back if the team goes deep into the playoffs every year. It's not like they lose money by keeping Harden, they just make a bit less (with the potential to make more) than letting him go.

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
Over Westbrook? no

Over Ibaka, yes.

I actually think that OKC should have fork up the cash and keep all of them. It's a bad business move because they can make the money back if the team goes deep into the playoffs every year. It's not like they lose money by keeping Harden, they just make a bit less (with the potential to make more) than letting him go.
Okc is not the Lakers or Boston or NY. They may NEVER get lucky enough to have a talent like Durant again. I do not think they understand how hard it is when you are not an attractive market for players to want to sign in FA or agree to resign if traded to your team.

And let's not act silly like Okc is some great organization either. If they don't get lucky and get the #2 pick(Durant) and still make every other good move they have made....this team is not in contention for anything.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
It seems fairly obvious that they should have taken Chris Paul over Westbrook IMO. I am not really sure that the Hornets would have gone for that however, because the deal they got almost certainly will have a better result. When you look at that team's big weaknesses, that moves takes the greatest one and turns it into a strength. Then when it comes time to make decisions with Harden and Ibaka the team is in a completely different and stronger position.

·
Registered
11,643 Posts
Ibaka didn't get paid that much and harden was still getting a bigger offer than what ibaka got.

Harden over Westbrook in a heart beat, especially since mayor is a very good pass first PG.

You know how they say never say never? OKC will never win a chip with Westbrook running the point.

I'm even willing to say that Westbrook is never going to win a chip unless he changes his way of playing and his attitude or piggy backs a contender that does not rely on him running the point and keeping the ball in his hands for a long time.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
....say it now before it's trendy to say. I'm honestly on the fence about who's better for OKC between the two, even after Harden's finals no show.
Dre it's ok to say you put way too much value in one series. No need to end your posts all the time with it so you don't look like you're flip flopping. Just say you were wrong and move on.

As for the topic, only guard I think they should of taken (kept) over Westbrook is Chris Paul.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
People are going to accuse me of being a homer, but I feel like OKC may have been better off finding a way to turn Westbrook into Rondo(making significantly less than Russ) and used the savings to pay Harden.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Dre it's ok to say you put way too much value in one series. No need to end your posts all the time with it so you don't look like you're flip flopping. Just say you were wrong and move on.

As for the topic, only guard I think they should of taken (kept) over Westbrook is Chris Paul.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
First of all "stop being a cheap skate" and pay for your app

Second of all Harden's series was crummy enough for me to have mentioned that especially since people on here were actually saying Westbrook was the best Thunder player in the finals. That was the last time we've seen either besides 5 or so regular season games so far...so I don't see how a championship no-show (relative to Westbrook's finals performance) isn't a talking point. Stop trying to make everything some big resume fest. What am I even wrong about in this context? What does him getting a big contract have to do with this.

People are quick to just erase a bad playoff performance as this or that but I'm not...I don't even care about the regular season all that much, once your team is winning a certain amount of games the Finals is the only thing that matters. So if you don't show up there I'm not going to let you forget about what happened when everybody in the NBA was on their couch watching you.

Did the same thing to LeBron last year, he proved me wrong, I don't talk on it any more. It's simple.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
For some reason, I always had a gut feeling that James Harden's destiny was to be a great player on a terrible team.

I would have kept Harden over Westbrook personally, but I think Sam Presti painted himself into a corner.

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
I actually think Russell is a better 2 guard than Harden but I still dont see him as a PG. I would've traded Harden for a PG. Letting Russell slip into the 2 position.

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
The Thunder don't have enough offensive talent on the team to survive without Westbrook's scoring.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
People are going to accuse me of being a homer, but I feel like OKC may have been better off finding a way to turn Westbrook into Rondo(making significantly less than Russ) and used the savings to pay Harden.
I actually like that idea for both teams.

·
19,803 Posts
I actually think Russell is a better 2 guard than Harden but I still dont see him as a PG. I would've traded Harden for a PG. Letting Russell slip into the 2 position.
Hmmm...If only they could have gotten Lowry/Martin. That is a lights out combo for the Thunder.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I would've flipped Westbrook and whoever else for Dwight Howard then resigned Harden.

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts
I would've flipped Westbrook and whoever else for Dwight Howard then resigned Harden.
Ibaka and Howard on the same team? No thanks lol

·
Premium Member
26,979 Posts
They would have had to find a 4/5 that could shoot from outside 6" to make it work, but if they had that deal might have been for the best for both teams.

·
19,803 Posts
Agreed on Westbrook being better. Critics concentrate on what he doesn't do to much.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts