Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You have to think at some point, Jordan will get involved with this franchise. Whether its him coming to us, or us going to get him. The question is when?

I'd love to see Jordan try to work some of the magic he used to work on the court, in a management position.

Its only right, hes one of the smartest players ever. He did a fine job with the Wizards, despite catching all sorts of accusations of setting them back.

Hes a bull at heart, so get him in management. It would be a great move I think.

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
I thought earlier in the year they were heavily trying to go after Jordan to be up in the front office somehow, but then I was hearing that they were just false rumors that everyone was speculating about. I'm not sure how credible any of these rumors were in the first place, but I do agree with you that MJ should come to Chicago sooner or later. He'd definitely be welcomed.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, Kind of like Jerry West. He was probably considered the best Laker ever when he retired, he was Mr. Laker, a true model for the franchise. Now hes considered one of the best scouts and front office guys in the league. Jordan is in that same position now, he is considered Mr. Bulls with all hes done for this franchise.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
fire pax, hire Jordan. Period

And I dont want to hear this crap about how Jordan failed in Washington. Look at Pax now. Looks like failure to me

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Jordan should be the GM. He actually did a pretty good job with the Wizards. And I think had he been allowed to continue his work the Wizards wouldn't be in the weird limbo that they are in.

Failing that, Reisndorf should sell his share in the Bulls to MJ.

The Bulls are Michael Jordan.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
Jordan should be the GM. He actually did a pretty good job with the Wizards. And I think had he been allowed to continue his work the Wizards wouldn't be in the weird limbo that they are in.

Failing that, Reisndorf should sell his share in the Bulls to MJ.

The Bulls are Michael Jordan.
Future, are you going to be at the game on monday mate?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!
fire pax, hire Jordan. Period

And I dont want to hear this crap about how Jordan failed in Washington. Look at Pax now. Looks like failure to me
So we get rid of "crap" to get more "crap"? Right...

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>curry_52</b>!

So we get rid of "crap" to get more "crap"? Right...
he deserves the chance for everything he has done for the Bulls and the city of Chicago. Thats one point that can not be argued

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts

Future, are you going to be at the game on monday mate?
Nope. I am at school in New Orleans. And at any rate have class till late late late. I used to follow the Sonics when I was growing up as my team after the Bulls. I've never been to Seattle before. But I am going to go there this month for a small vacation and see some Sonics games. Should be a lot of fun.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
he deserves the chance for everything he has done for the Bulls and the city of Chicago. Thats one point that can not be argued
Yep, plus he did a fine job in Washington. They just werent ready for him, and seem to forget where they were before Jordan. They had huge contracts, no young talent, and a boring atmosphere to be in altogether. He got some good young talent, got rid of Howards contract, and got on the kids for hustling. He was 40+ yet played the most games of anyone on the team that year, and looked like the only one diving for loose balls. Thats the kind of fire you need. Another reason they said MJ did bad was because he benched and got on Kwame a lot, but after the start to this season, it looks like that was the right thing to do. If a kid cant take a stern lecture, then hes in the wrong profession. You gotta be tougher than to be hurt over some words on the court.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts

That would be only a PR move and Reinsdorf wants to win period

·
Registered
471 Posts
this all assumes that jordan would take a gm spot without any stake in ownership. it was widely reported that this is why he's never come back to the bulls in a management position.

instead of jordan for gm, we should all be praying for the day that he gets a group of investors together and buys the team from reinsdorf.

paxson could still be the gm, and jordan would have majority control of the team. that's what we need to turn the franchise around (it's a huge job - it will take a huge change).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts