Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
That'll do Pigley...
Joined
·
51,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can we conclude a few things about them?

1. Peja is a chump.
2. Brad Miller is overpaid.
3. Mike Bibby is good, but not great.
4. Shareef Abdur-Rahim is a loser.
5. Adelman instills the non swagger in his team.
6. Kevin Martin and Francisco Garcia should be playing (THEY SHOULD BE DAMMIT).


I think No. 2 and No. 4 are the most accurate.
 
  • Like
Reactions: LakerLunatic

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,093 Posts

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
Joined
·
19,803 Posts
I knew the Kings would struggle without Webber and Divac but I thought SAR and Bonzi would at least make them good in the regular season.

8. Chris Webber is terribly underrated and carried a team that can't make the playoffs almost to an NBA finals appearance.

Sacremento 20-19 since the Chris Webber deal not including get *** pounded by Jerome James in the playoffs. They were 34-20 last season with Webber.



Philly 22-16 with Webber. They were 26-28 before trading for him.

RESPECT CHRIS WEBBER'S GANGSTA :rock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,659 Posts
I think #1 is most accurate. I've seen so many games where Peja has like 25 points going into the 4th, and he ends up with 25 points. I don't know what is problem is with the pressure situations, but he needs to learn how to deal with them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,093 Posts
MemphisX said:
I knew the Kings would struggle without Webber and Divac but I thought SAR and Bonzi would at least make them good in the regular season.

8. Chris Webber is terribly underrated and carried a team that can't make the playoffs almost to an NBA finals appearance.
9. Pietre & the Maloofs did a masterful job building the Kings but damn if they cripple the franchise with those bloated contracts they handed out..

Webber, Bibby & Miller are all overpaid. But I guess they had no choice
 

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
Joined
·
19,803 Posts
tone wone said:
9. Pietre & the Maloofs did a masterful job building the Kings but damn if they cripple the franchise with those bloated contracts they handed out..

Webber, Bibby & Miller are all overpaid. But I guess they had no choice
Exactly. You can't fault them for trying to pay the cost of a title run. The problem was that they backed the wrong horse. They should have kept Gerald Wallace and Webber and dealt Peja for a young SG. This team would be a lot better right now.

Also, Chris Webber might be over paid until you see Big Nasty, Kenny Thomas, and Brian Skinner. Give me Webber and 2 NBADL retreads. Heck, the Kings still had to go out and get another PF in the offseason, so they end up paying more and getting less production.

Quality always trumps quantity in the NBA.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,093 Posts
MemphisX said:
Exactly. You can't fault them for trying to pay the cost of a title run. The problem was that they backed the wrong horse. They should have kept Gerald Wallace and Webber and dealt Peja for a young SG. This team would be a lot better right now.

Also, Chris Webber might be over paid until you see Big Nasty, Kenny Thomas, and Brian Skinner. Give me Webber and 2 NBADL retreads. Heck, the Kings still had to go out and get another PF in the offseason, so they end up paying more and getting less production.

Quality always trumps quantity in the NBA.
I agree but...

as much as I love Webber no one was offering him 122mil...95-100mil yes. Yes, he was coming off of a 27 & 12 season but that was little much. Then Bibby in '02 after the Laker series they had to pay him...

but no one has yet explained to me how Brad Miller's market value was THAT high to the point where Indy couldn't resign him but had Sacramento willing to do a "sign and trade" knowing it would kill whatever cap they had left (which was basically nothing).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,659 Posts
tone wone said:
I agree but...

as much as I love Webber no one was offering him 122mil...95-100mil yes. Yes, he was coming off of a 27 & 12 season but that was little much. Then Bibby in '02 after the Laker series they had to pay him...
Do you remember that free agency? They were begging Webber to stay. If they didn't offer him the max, he probably would've been insulted and left. They definitely weren't in a position to choose the monetary terms.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
662 Posts
I hate them, so lets just get that straight. But i think they will probably end up making the playoffs, just because adelman is to good of a coach to not lead a team lke that into the playoffs. Unless they fire him, all of those points are great thou. Especially the Shareef one, he is such a loser, one of the biggest in History, Bibby is in fact overrated, so thats a good call too. I really like this thread.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,210 Posts
Bibby is very very very overrated

and he is really getting exposed this year because he is NOT a good playmaker - he was just a product of the high post passing system(same can be said about Peja)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
993 Posts
The team is messed up, so everyone looks bad, and Bibby might be a little overrated, but not as much as some are saying. He was able to make plays in Memphis.

I'll go with-

10) This team is as bad defensively as any the Kings have had in recent years, but lacks the explosive offense to still win games.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
Dodigago said:
Bibby is very very very overrated

and he is really getting exposed this year because he is NOT a good playmaker
Agreed!

Bibbys good and all, but he's not dropping any dimes, he's got 4 APG right now.
 

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
Joined
·
20,601 Posts
11. Adelman is not a bad coach. And many people fail to remember when the Kings were first in defense WITH ADELMAN as coach. But he should be fired because the Kings just need a new voice.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top