Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First and foremost, Tierre Brown needs to be cut. I mean right now. He's served his time and there's no reason for him to be playing for this team anymore. There are no longer any excuses to use about experience -- it's over now. Lights out. No point in continuing to stunt Vujacic's growth by keeping him on the pine in favor of a reject NBDL'er. They need to just let the kid play, see what he can do as a 1 and stop forcing him to play the 2. If he sucks, he sucks, but at least they'll get a better feel for him and the direction they need to go in at the draft and during free agency.

Activate Tony Bobbitt and see if he can possibly be a cheap backup for Kobe next year. He looked good in the preseason, but then again, so did Tierrible. It's best to know now what he's capable of now.

Keep Odom on the IR.

Shelve Kobe (although I know he won't go for this unless he's medically unable to go).

Put a muzzle on Chucky Atkins.

·
Banned
662 Posts
Im curious to see Sasha at 1, he reminds me of a super super lesser Shaun Livingston.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
All Sasha...All the time

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
I agree with most of what you said.

1) Cut Brown
2) Activate Bobbitt
3) Give Sasha and Bobbitt 15+mpg each
4) Give Vlade 10+mpg to see if he can be useful next season
5) Don't play Odom and Mihm until they are absolutely 100%. If it doesn't happen this season, don't worry about it.
6) If Kobe is healthy enough to play, obviously he'll want to, so let him play. We don't want him or our team to look like quitters. The attitude of a quitter will not bring in any FAs or success in the near future.

Reactions: Lakerman33

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damian Necronamous said:
I agree with most of what you said.

1) Cut Brown
2) Activate Bobbitt
3) Give Sasha and Bobbitt 15+mpg each
4) Give Vlade 10+mpg to see if he can be useful next season
5) Don't play Odom and Mihm until they are absolutely 100%. If it doesn't happen this season, don't worry about it.
6) If Kobe is healthy enough to play, obviously he'll want to, so let him play. We don't want him or our team to look like quitters. The attitude of a quitter will not bring in any FAs or success in the near future.
Agreed.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
I agree with Locke and Damian to a point.

I'd give Sasha damn near 30 minutes a game and see what he's got. Give Bobbit big minutes and deep six Atkins to back-up minutes. I'd shelve Vlade though. I don't want anyone knowing just how spent he really is.

Butler would be showcased for trade bait along with devean George.

And I'd Fire Frank's *** just to let him know that ineptness won't be tolerated and his I can't wait to get outta here crap has gotten on everyone's nerve.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
jazzy1 said:
I agree with Locke and Damian to a point.
And I'd Fire Frank's *** just to let him know that ineptness won't be tolerated and his I can't wait to get outta here crap has gotten on everyone's nerve.
Damn straight!!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
yea give sasha the starting spot lets see what he can do
and give vlade some mins see how his back is

·
Banned
662 Posts
Did You See What Someone Posted About The Season! Some Little Queens Fan, Chearing And Gloating! I Say, When The Day Of Reckoning Comes, There Blood, Will Taste The Sweetest, And There Fingers, Will Make The Best Piano Keys! How Dare They Say That! How ****ing Dare They! They Know Not The Power Of This Potential Dynasty!

The Lakers Losing This Year As Done Nothing But Awaken A Sleeping Giant!

·
Hurt Squad
4,842 Posts
LakerLunatic said:
Did You See What Someone Posted About The Season! Some Little Queens Fan, Chearing And Gloating! I Say, When The Day Of Reckoning Comes, There Blood, Will Taste The Sweetest, And There Fingers, Will Make The Best Piano Keys! How Dare They Say That! How ****ing Dare They! They Know Not The Power Of This Potential Dynasty!

The Lakers Losing This Year As Done Nothing But Awaken A Sleeping Giant!
our own little crazy person.

im so proud

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Anyone else doubting that PJ is gonna come back? I have a feeling we changed the offense for absolutely nothing! Im 80% sure PJ isn't gonna take the Laker job.

·
Banned
662 Posts
I think it will be Larry Sellout brown. The guy seriously just gets bored with teams.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HallOfFamer said:
Anyone else doubting that PJ is gonna come back? I have a feeling we changed the offense for absolutely nothing! Im 80% sure PJ isn't gonna take the Laker job.
I don't think he's coming back either. If he does it's because Buss throws a truckload of money at him, which I don't think he's willing to do. Either that or Jeanie has him *****-whipped.

·
Registered
394 Posts
If were finished then...

The door is closed
The lights are out
The eggs are coolin'
The jello's jigglin'
And the butter is getting hard

To quote the immortal Chick Hearns.

I'm just glad Chickie baby isn't hear to see what has happened to his Lakers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts