Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So the Raptors can make the playoffs AND keep their first round pick *THIS* year...

Read here

EDIT: THIS year, not next year. Stupid brain.

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
can someone please try to verify this? this is the best news i've ever heard if it's true- with a top 18 pick to go with our playoff team and cleveland's second rounder we'll be in good shape.

telfair, felton, warrick, iguodala, Ha, Monya, Childress...we have a great shot at a good pick.

darius rice, rickey paulding, romain sato, varejao, khryapa in the second round:D

these draft picks could be vital. is our first rounder protected past the lottery?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
i hope we pick a good decent pg.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
If this is true, we'll have two nice picks.

We have a lot of options with this first rounder, even our second rounder

Our best option for Guards:

Raymond Felton:
I think he will be the best option for this team if he comes out. He's a pass first point guard, he needs to work on his shot though.

Sebastian Telfair:
He does have A LOT of potential, but he will probably go to college, as thats his best option. Felton could also help this team a lot more than Telfair could, sooner. But if Feltons gone this wouldn't be a bad pick.

Forwards/Centres:

Hakim Warrick:
Might not be available when we pick, but he might slip. He's been compared to Darius Miles, but I like the Marcus Camby one way better. Good ball handler, VERY athletic.

Rafael Arajuo:
Could be a good pick for our team, great offensive player and rebounder. Doesn't really address our team needs though, because he's not a good defender by any means. But still, wouldn't be a bad pick.

Robert Swift:
I love what I hear about this guy. I think he'd fit into our team scheme well, as he's a very good defender and possibly the best shotblocker to ever come out of highschool. Imagine the frontcourt in a few years of Bosh/Swift, there would be a block every possession!

Imagine if we picked up Felton with our first rounder, and then Swift with our second rounder! That would be my dream scenario right there.

·
Premium Member
3,337 Posts
that's amazing news for us. i can't imagine that it's NOT true, either, considering how specific the report seems to be with respect to details. it doesn't seem to be some unfounded rumour that simply gained unwarranted momentum- it actually has specifics (i.e. 19 or over this year, 18 or over next year, etc.).

what's more, if we're a top 12 team in the nba by the end of this season, we certainly won't be as starved for a first-rounder. it's either we're a bottom half playoff team with a first round pick, or a top half HCA playoff contender without one. it almost doesn't matter; we win both ways.

great news.

(kudos to grunwald.)

peace

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
I read this on the RealGM boards, too.

Although it is written in this Pluto newsletter, no one has been able to locate this newsletter itself, and there is no evidence of this being true elsewhere on the net.

I hope it is true.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Originally posted by <b>hellbot</b>!

Robert Swift:
I love what I hear about this guy. I think he'd fit into our team scheme well, as he's a very good defender and possibly the best shotblocker to ever come out of highschool. Imagine the frontcourt in a few years of Bosh/Swift, there would be a block every possession!

Imagine if we picked up Felton with our first rounder, and then Swift with our second rounder! That would be my dream scenario right there.
http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/robertswift.asp

this guy looks like he works at mcdonalds!!...I'm sure he is good and all....but R U KIDDIND ME!!!!!????

:laugh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts