Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else on here starting to wonder if this is all we are going to get out of Chandler? I mean hes such a terrible terrible terrible ball handler and offensive player that its just mind boggling how this kid is not improving at all. Are we just paying Chandler to average 10 rbspg and play ok defense, i dont know what you guys are seeing from him right now but his defense looks pretty average compared to last year.

·
Ugliest SupMember
1,704 Posts
Well, Dalembert got paid similar $$ and has yet played a minute. Zo got paid millions ($5M/yr) to average 20 minutes a game. Curry got a contract near Chandler's $$ to average 15ppg with no defense and rebounding. Anyhow, my point is Big Guys get paid big Bucks. I don't think we overpaid him. His size and yes "potential" deserve such money. Do i want Chandler's numbers or Jefferson's numbers? I would say Chandler.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PD said:
Well, Dalembert got paid similar $$ and has yet played a minute. Zo got paid millions ($5M/yr) to average 20 minutes a game. Curry got a contract near Chandler's $$ to average 15ppg with no defense and rebounding. Anyhow, my point is Big Guys get paid big Bucks. I don't think we overpaid him. His size and yes "potential" deserve such money. Do i want Chandler's numbers or Jefferson's numbers? I would say Chandler.
What Jefferson your talking about, because if your talking about Richard Jefferson then i would rather take that in a second. Zo is light years better at offense and is pretty much the same on the defensive end if not better. Curry still looks like the same Curry in NY but had a nice game grabing some boards and blocking 5 shots, Tyson has four blocks all season.

Iam not giving up on Chandler because i know when hes on he can be a beast, but he really slacked off this offseason and i dont see any reason why he should even attempt to work harder after getting his big contract.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Oddly enough Curry is only averaging 2 point something rebounds less than Chandler this year, in 5 less minutes per game. Curry is also blocking more shots. And he's doubled up Chandler in scoring. Did we pick the wrong center? Or I unno...maybe we should have ****ing kept both!?

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
futuristxen said:
Oddly enough Curry is only averaging 2 point something rebounds less than Chandler this year, in 5 less minutes per game. Curry is also blocking more shots. And he's doubled up Chandler in scoring. Did we pick the wrong center? Or I unno...maybe we should have ****ing kept both!?
Different System, Curry also doesnt look as dominating on Offense then when he did on the Bulls, Hmm could it be Larry Brown? Pistons without Brown are leading the league in scoring!!! Curry will benifit defensively from Browns coaching but his offense will be brought down a bit.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
thebizkit69u said:
Different System, Curry also doesnt look as dominating on Offense then when he did on the Bulls, Hmm could it be Larry Brown? Pistons without Brown are leading the league in scoring!!! Curry will benifit defensively from Browns coaching but his offense will be brought down a bit.
I don't know how badly his offense is really hurt by Brown. He mainly just has to start hitting his free throws and get his field goal percentage back up, and he'll be at where he was for us the end of last year. Eddy is pretty much used like he was last year with us. Larry Brown is just getting him to focus a little more on rebounding.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
futuristxen said:
I don't know how badly his offense is really hurt by Brown. He mainly just has to start hitting his free throws and get his field goal percentage back up, and he'll be at where he was for us the end of last year. Eddy is pretty much used like he was last year with us. Larry Brown is just getting him to focus a little more on rebounding.
Well you would think with Crawford, Marbury, Qrich etc Curry would average more points because of teams now are not double teaming him as much. But the system likes to rotate the ball and even if Curry gets hot Larry Brown does not feed the hot player, its well known especially in Detroit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts