Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before the trade we just stupidly made, I think it was safe to say that the only position we REALLY needed to improve on was the SG. This would allow Paul Pierce to climb to SF where he would thrive, and hopefully add another offensive weapon to the Celts.

But now with the trade, we have succesfully screwed ourselves at the PG position as well, depleted some of our young hopefuls, and pissed me off like none other, all for a scrub and another forward.

So what can we do to get our back-court back?

Right now, I don't know if the Celtics are smart enough to realize they just made a huge mistake. But for a few players we could go for...

Bonzi Wells: A very solid player, runs the floor well, is a good defender and shooter, plays the SG position well. This would allow us to put the truth where he belongs and add another demension to our team.

Jeff McInnis: Not a star, but hes a free agent who they could acquire for a reasonable sallary. Good fundamentals, excellent defender and good shooting skills, Jeff McInnis should be able to replace the loss of Kenny Anderson at worst.

What does everyone think?

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
We don't actually need a point guard, we only need a player that plays the position, if we have Walker we have a good PG, huge, but good.

I would like Bonzi, he would be great, because Pierce can't play a SG.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
The addition of Bonzi on Boston would be scary, but how would they get him?

I think they ought to just start Kedrick at SG. He is athletic enough that he should at least be able to be good on D and rebound the ball well.. and he'll finish opportunities around the basket.

This team isnt going anywhere without another guy stepping up. Brown is the only other guy on the roster that looks capable.

He's got to learn sometime, why not just throw him into the fire now.

I think with extended playing time he would also probably help attendance, since he's got Vince like ability to excite the crowd at any moment.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I definitly agree on that point Truth, Antione Walker has an excellent handle and averaged 5 assists a game as a power forward. Thats pretty damn good.

But we need something at the point thats somewhat decent. I like Delk there, but when you look at his backups, it would be scary to have one of those guys so far up on your depth.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Too bad Orlando snag vaughn. :)

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I think that McInnis is the Celtics' best bet. If I remember correctly, Bonzi Wells is gonna be fairly costly, especially considering that the Celtics took on Vin Baker's hefty contract. Besides, the Celtics have basically no PG right now.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I thought they were moving Walker to SF. Keep Pierce at SG. Sign McInnis.

PG:McInnis/Delk
SG:pierce/Brown
SF:Walker/Williams
PF:Baker/McCartey
C:Battie/Sundov

That looks good enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts