Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
8,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
myself, I can usually only stomach about two quarters of Blazer basketball. once we get down by twenty, I pretty much lose hope (much like our players) and go on to other things.

lately I've been tivoing Cavs games. I have completely bought into the LeBron James hype.

I remember despising Michael Jordan for years, really right up until his second to last season as a Bull. some of that was the Blazers' defeat, but a lot of that was just resenting all the hype and superstar treatment. looking back, I don't think I really appreciated the greatness of his game until a lot of it was over.

LeBron isn't Jordan. but in some ways he's my chance to get in on the ground floor of appreciating real greatness.

so somewhere around five or six minutes into the third quarter, when it's becoming patently obvious we will once again get our teeth kicked in, what do you do?

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
I was watching college games up until Monday...I generally prefer college athletics to pro anyway. Especially football.

I suppose I'll be some baseball in the next couple weeks. That or reading a good book. Generally I read while watching Blazer games these days. The combo of the two keeps me semi entertained.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Kiss_My_Darius said:
Alright, here comes a dumb question but I have to know, what is a cabo wabo?

I always thought it was a bar in Cabo San Lucas.
Tequilia or Rum. I can't remember.

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
I spend time with my sons... building things with Lego's, playing Star Wars Battlefront on the XBOX, etc. etc.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
I play video games alot so atleast in the games i can beat people down with the blazers.I post on forums alot.I have plenty of homework that keeps me busy.I can usually stomach a whole game if nate would play the youth most of the game but when the vets are getting beatdown then i cant watch more then a quarter and a half.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I keep the game going....sometimes. Usually, I will play my guitar while watching.
Hoever, the last game, I just moved to the left about 5 feet and watched my two Oscars swim around in their tank. They can be pretty entertaining at times. Especially when they try to bite my hand.

Prunetang

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Prunetang said:
I keep the game going....sometimes. Usually, I will play my guitar while watching.
Hoever, the last game, I just moved to the left about 5 feet and watched my two Oscars swim around in their tank. They can be pretty entertaining at times. Especially when they try to bite my hand.

Prunetang
Do u feed ur oscars guppies?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Zidane said:
Do u feed ur oscars guppies?

Once in a while I will feed them 2 inch long gold fish....which they can eat about 20 a piece....but feeder fish aren't all that great for Oscars. So, I don't do it very often. They don't have a lot of nutrients in them and they often bring diseases to the tank. They rock though, and they are still growing. I think the bigger one is about 10 inches long or so, now.

Prunetang

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Maybe I'm a bit masochistic, but I keep watching until the final buzzer sounds. I quit worrying about wins and losses a long time ago. I'm mainly interested in seeing if the young players are developing their games, who I think I want to see stick around next season, who might be starter material next year, etc. I guess I've been a Blazer fan so long I just don't know how not to watch.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Prunetang said:
Once in a while I will feed them 2 inch long gold fish....which they can eat about 20 a piece....but feeder fish aren't all that great for Oscars. So, I don't do it very often. They don't have a lot of nutrients in them and they often bring diseases to the tank. They rock though, and they are still growing. I think the bigger one is about 10 inches long or so, now.

Prunetang
U feed them fish food i take it then if u dont feed them other fish.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Prunetang said:

Prunetang
Very nice that's a decent size for a Oscar...we should let them play with my Red Belly Piranha who is about 8 inches now. :biggrin:

Piranha and Oscar are both fascinating fish to watch IMO.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
sa1177 said:
Very nice that's a decent size for a Oscar...we should let them play with my Red Belly Piranha who is about 8 inches now. :biggrin:

Piranha and Oscar are both fascinating fish to watch IMO.
U have a pirahna?Thats awesome i have a framed one that i can feel his teeth and they are sharp.Where did u get the pirahna?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.