Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Vince Carter surprises everyone by offering the starting spot to MJ, what do you guyz think about that?

Is he forced? peer pressure into this? Or doing it to make himself look good? Or just for the respect of MJ.

Do you like him more now, or now u hate him more? What do you guyz think?

I think it was a good move by Vince, to take away all the distractions and stuff. And I don't think it's a good move or it's a bad move, it's Vince's life, what ever he wants to do is up to him.

(Sorry, I am stupid, could anyone fix up the thread title for me,
it should be "So what do you think of MJ starting? Thx!)

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
i'm pretty neutral on this one. i'm disappointed as a fan to see vince give up his spot and his minutes. at the same time i was very annoyed to see people hating on VC's character. i think it was a nice thing for him to do but there shouldn't have been any pressure to do so.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I don't.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
I think VC was pressured into it.

I think Jordan sucked in the all star game w/ a horrible shooting percentage and costly turnovers.

I have a lower opinion of VC now that he gave up his spot. It's funny, whenever Jordan was in the game, east would start dropping back, he'd be taken out and they'd get back in it :p

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
he was definetely pressured into it.. i dont think he looked happy at all about the situation when they asked him about it at halftime... conspiracy theory #1no truth or basis whatsoever: jordan leads a charge to freeze-out VC if he does not step down. doesnt feel right about taking AI or tmac's well-earned spots with vince still in the line up. Jordan has openly talked about how highly he respects AI and tmac (shoes). Didnt vince talk bad about UNC or have some sort of bad-blood between them, or am i imagining this.

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
i don't think there's much bad blood between the two. vince wasn't too thrilled about being called out by MJ on his defense but otherwise i think they get along well.

i can't believe that vince giving up his spot is now making some people think less of him. give the guy a break. i stood by his decision to keep his spot and i don't think worse of him for giving it up. vince is one of the best personalities in the L and gets way too much criticism. give the guy a break.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that's right, just let Vince play the game, you criticize him because he's not giving up his spot, you think of less him because he give up his spot. So what should him do, send a special request to the league to allow the Eastern time to play 6 guyz at once?

Just like Vince play his game, and let his game speak for himself.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I don't think he should have done that right before the game. He should have offered in the first place but since he didn't and felt so strongly about not wanting to slap the fans in their face, he should have stuck to what he had believed in and started.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
k so tell me if i am imagining this or not, that blonde dancer had me kinda distracted during the intro:love: ..... as i remember in the introductions the announcer said that player had just "offered" (not given) his starting spot to MJ, than the camera flashes back to MJ and he was shaking his hands and his head as if he was declining. than the play by play guys (cant remember who called the game) come out and say that he has accepted
conspiracy theory #2 --> VC thinks MJ wont take the spot anyways so he offers at last second just to quite everyone down. Neither plans on it but feel they have no choice after the announcers had said it on air. hence vince stating he stands by his decision to not give up his spot

i dont know, the one thing i am sure on here is that there is someting that happened behind the scenes

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
Originally posted by <b>shyFX325</b>!
k so tell me if i am imagining this or not, that blonde dancer had me kinda distracted during the intro:love: ..... as i remember in the introductions the announcer said that player had just "offered" (not given) his starting spot to MJ, than the camera flashes back to MJ and he was shaking his hands and his head as if he was declining. than the play by play guys (cant remember who called the game) come out and say that he has accepted
conspiracy theory #2 --> VC thinks MJ wont take the spot anyways so he offers at last second just to quite everyone down. Neither plans on it but feel they have no choice after the announcers had said it on air. hence vince stating he stands by his decision to not give up his spot

i dont know, the one thing i am sure on here is that there is someting that happened behind the scenes
i don't think this is how it happened. i've heard reports of it being a "team" decision but it was still up to vince. i think he offered it to him before the announcement and MJ turned it down so vince forced it on jordan by having it announced. he then went and talked to him about it, saying it was what he wanted.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
"you criticize him because he's not giving up his spot, you think of less him because he give up his spot."

I never critized VC for not giving up his spot, only the Jordan brown nosers did.

In fact, I openly supported him for standing by the fans decision, who wanted VC to start. If they didn't, they wouldn't have voted for him. Do I vote for VC? No.

But the majority of the fans did. He's dissing the fans that went to the ballot box and wanted to see him start.

They DIDN'T WANT TO SEE JORDAN START. If they did, he would have had more votes.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by <b>KennethTo</b>!
"you criticize him because he's not giving up his spot, you think of less him because he give up his spot."

I never critized VC for not giving up his spot, only the Jordan brown nosers did.

In fact, I openly supported him for standing by the fans decision, who wanted VC to start. If they didn't, they wouldn't have voted for him. Do I vote for VC? No.

But the majority of the fans did. He's dissing the fans that went to the ballot box and wanted to see him start.

They DIDN'T WANT TO SEE JORDAN START. If they did, he would have had more votes.
I didn't direct that to u, I am just saying to those Vince hater, I am sorry if my comment sounds like it was directed towards you, it is not.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts