Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That team is in total disarray. The only reliable people they've got are Big Z and Lebron. Gooden, for all his talent, is a headcase, and plays no D. Varejao is a keeper, but a rookie. Elsewise they've got no one to rely on. Paxson deserves to be fired. And that owner is going to have the pick of the litter for a replacement. Who wouldn't want the opportunity to build a team around Lebron?

Back to the team, they looked totally defeated last night. It was criminal how open the Nets shooters were last night. We looked liek the Illini at times. Just movin' the ball for as long as it took for an open shot to present it self and then taking it. It was good basketball against bad basketball, and the Nets were on the right side of the equation.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
SeaNet said:
That team is in total disarray. The only reliable people they've got are Big Z and Lebron. Gooden, for all his talent, is a headcase, and plays no D. Varejao is a keeper, but a rookie. Elsewise they've got no one to rely on. Paxson deserves to be fired. And that owner is going to have the pick of the litter for a replacement. Who wouldn't want the opportunity to build a team around Lebron?

Back to the team, they looked totally defeated last night. It was criminal how open the Nets shooters were last night. We looked liek the Illini at times. Just movin' the ball for as long as it took for an open shot to present it self and then taking it. It was good basketball against bad basketball, and the Nets were on the right side of the equation.

Mcginnis was playing well for them early in the year and provided them with the point guard and scoring option they needed..Now Mcginnis has apparently quit on their team and is behind Diop in the rotation. Last night he didnt get off the bench and was laughing it up on the sidelines while the Nets destroyed them.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
McInnis has been a huge problem, he logged another DNP last night, they were going to good with him, then something happened. Now new coach getting his system in, huge mistake for firing the coach now, rather than after their playoff exit. Huge, Huge mistake. What we're 3 games behind them, they have Indy tonight, 2.5 after tonight, a win over NYK shrinks that to 2 games with what, 7 to play. Anything's possible. Z has also tapered off the 2nd half, probably fatigue. Gooden was the only other double digit scorer and he did it in 19 minutes. Huge stat....0 zero rebounds. Geez, what's worst a donut at PF like us or a guy who shows up when he feels like it.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nets1524512 said:
Mcginnis was playing well for them early in the year and provided them with the point guard and scoring option they needed..Now Mcginnis has apparently quit on their team and is behind Diop in the rotation. Last night he didnt get off the bench and was laughing it up on the sidelines while the Nets destroyed them.
I noticed that, a serious wtf? moment.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Nets1524512 said:
I think that he is a FA this year too, that has to kill his value.

-Petey

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
A good pickup game for the Nets, after a heart-breaking lost.

They should have fired Paxson first. Silas might be laughing right now.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Petey said:
I think that he is a FA this year too, that has to kill his value.

-Petey
It's sad, some of these guys come into the league thinking they're owed something, this ain't anything new with him either, you'd think he learn, but nope. All the talent in the world, but questionable attitude detered his draft status, then fights in LA lead to his vagabond existence, now burns another city. I went to Jr. High with JR Rider and I have followed this guy from HS, to his last season with Denver(preseason) and the guy just never got it. I mean he signed a 5-6 year 40 million contract.... and would have had probably another similar deal if he stayed cleaned and out of trouble. The guy had all the talent in the world too, I think the comparable guy is JRich, with Rider having an edge with his shooting range. What a waste.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Well he playing right now

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Malone is playing Snow because of his defense...well McInnis was said to be the main key of this team, and he's getting the DNP because of Malone's lovefest for a PG who has no shot and can defend but little else...

oh yeah, they are down by like 17 to Philly...

edit- Saw McInnis is now starting...has 20 minutes logged so far

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
They were losing like this before they fired Silas.
There's a ton of diffrent things all going on at once that are screwing up cleveland.

That's the team the Nets should be eyeing.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
rofl. not only did we kill them by 31 @ HOME, but indy feels they want to get in on the killing of the cavs. indy beat cavs 98-77 .... this is great! i love when teams who are overachieving start to fall into their place and makes everyone look stupid for giving them so much credit. would be sweet if they dont even make the playoffs. but you know the league wants lebron in the playoffs more than anything this yr. plus i would probably welcome it because i cant stand when espn/nba are all over shaq's nuts.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
At this point, even if they make the playoffs, they won't be in it for long. But this team is still going to be good before too long. If they sign anybody this season, especially someone as good as Michael Redd, they will be a force to be reckoned with. I don't think it will happen, but I could see Phil Jackson coaching them next year, as he would work wonders with a guy like Lebron.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
James and Allen, that would be insane.

-Petey

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Petey said:
James and Allen, that would be insane.

-Petey
I would go after Ray Allen HARRRRRRRRRD if I were the Cavs. Instant legitimacy by adding a player like Ray to play next to Lebron. Ray's a true pro and a winner. He's not still figuring the NBA game out like a Michael Redd. He's ready to roll and to win, NOW.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Only thing about Allen is that Seattle is playing so well this season, he's probably more likely to stay. If the Sonics had been playing this year like they had been the past five years or so, I'd probably agree with you. But the Bucks have been as bad as Seattle has been good.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Drew said:
Only thing about Allen is that Seattle is playing so well this season, he's probably more likely to stay. If the Sonics had been playing this year like they had been the past five years or so, I'd probably agree with you. But the Bucks have been as bad as Seattle has been good.
They have had a few chances to sign him, they just haven't gotten it done. I think the chances of him leaving are higher then people think.

-Petey

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Petey said:
They have had a few chances to sign him, they just haven't gotten it done. I think the chances of him leaving are higher then people think.

-Petey
Me too, unfortunately.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts