Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Who is the best player on the Lakers?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's compare some apples and oranges. I would argue that Dwight Howard is now the best player on the Lakers, but I have a feeling others might disagree... interested in what the perception will be, in particular if it becomes a championship squad.

·
Snapping Necks and Cashing Checks
12,586 Posts
If Howard is healthy he's a top 3 player in the league. I have no problem saying he's the best player on the Lakers over Kobe.

·
Tangible
14,515 Posts
There's more variance in Howard's play. He will give you more shitty games than Kobe but he will also give you more great games. He's a little better than Kobe, and I consider both in that 5-10 range league-wide although I know people will hate me for saying that.

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
The rhetoric here will be that it's "Kobe's team" no matter what, and I really don't think there's any arguing against that, but if they become a championship team it will be because of Dwight Howard's impact.

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
At this stage of bryant and nash's career it would have to be howard, but if the lakers fail to win it all this year i think kobe is going to take the brunt of the criticisim.

·
Registered
11,643 Posts
Dwight is probably better at this point, have to wait and see how his injury affects his game and how Kobe will do with one more year in his body.

At the end of the day, still Kobe's team.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
no Metta option? I think what is remarkable is that a team with Kobe, Nash and Pau can add yet a better player (maybe 2nd or 3rd best in the league)

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
It's Dwight.

Pau? I love the guy but that is crazy.

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
Kobe's the "leader" of this team, hence "best Kobe led team". As for best player? I don't know. I have Dwight 3rd and Kobe 5th, so by default Dwight, but we'll see how it plays out. I don't think that there will be a monumental difference between the two regardless. Kobe's the scorer/closer, and Dwight is the anchor/enforcer.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts