Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Cavs or the Knicks. The Cavs seemed to just decide not to cover the outside shooter on pick and rolls (and for some reason decided not to adjust when the 3 balls started falling), but on defensive rotations, the Knicks seemed to just pick a player at random to defend, leaving the wrong guy doubled (usually off the ball) and other guys wide open all over the court.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
I don't think you can compare them. The Cavs were out of the game, and to miss so many defensive rotations? They just stopp trying. The Knicks when they made that run... yeah, their 'D' was still horrible w/ some level of effort.

-Petey

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Knicks.

Sometimes leaving the outside shooters wide open is actually a successful strategy against the Nets. The Knicks, however, left wide lanes to the basket open. When Twin goes untouched on a drive to the basket, something is very, very wrong with your defense.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
schub said:
Knicks.

Sometimes leaving the outside shooters wide open is actually a successful strategy against the Nets. The Knicks, however, left wide lanes to the basket open. When Twin goes untouched on a drive to the basket, something is very, very wrong with your defense.
And Veal...

-Petey

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
SeaNet said:
The Cavs or the Knicks. The Cavs seemed to just decide not to cover the outside shooter on pick and rolls (and for some reason decided not to adjust when the 3 balls started falling), but on defensive rotations, the Knicks seemed to just pick a player at random to defend, leaving the wrong guy doubled (usually off the ball) and other guys wide open all over the court.
Both those teams play horrible defense, but the knicks are worse. They have the two worst on the ball/team defenders in the NBA (Crawford and Marbury).

I read a real funny line somewhere that said

"Everyone oohhs and aahhs at Crawford on offense, but if you ooohh and aahh everytime he gets beat on defense you will be out of breath and gasping for air"

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nets1524512 said:
Both those teams play horrible defense, but the knicks are worse. They have the two worst on the ball/team defenders in the NBA (Crawford and Marbury).

I read a real funny line somewhere that said

"Everyone oohhs and aahhs at Crawford on offense, but if you ooohh and aahh everytime he gets beat on defense you will be out of breath and gasping for air"
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Nets1524512 said:
I think they let that one go after seeing how marbury and crawfish travel on every posession

Marbury definetly had one huge travel, like 3 1/2 steps on Zoran. I can't believe players get away with that. As a fan, it is truely frustrating when you see guys like marbury get away with obvious travels, and yet there are foul calls that are warranted.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
i'd have to say the cavs for the simple reason that they were home and the knicks were at our place. its amazing how horrible they played @ HOME! they used to be a scary team at home at the start of the year, now they just decide to watch vince go down the lane and not contest anything outside the paint. both teams were horrible though so im not defending the knicks defense. we missed a few shots vs the knicks at the end of the 3rd and through half of the 4th, it wasnt their defense. both teams sucked, but cleveland was home and you have your home fans there who try to support you and give you energy to make a run and get energized. so its cleveland

Reactions: Petey
1 - 13 of 13 Posts