410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is our starting 5?

Nash
Bell
Marion
Amare
KT or Diaw?

What does this mean for Barbosa, House, Jones, Tim Thomas? All or a sudden it seems we have an overload of talented players. I'd say we have 10 guys who could be starters. I guess it gives us lots of options.

We still need our god damn defense to pick up though... (We miss KT here big time!)

Reactions: Carbo04

·
Premium Member
116,017 Posts
prolly

Amare
Diaw
Marion
Bell
Nash

Thomas would come back from a broken bone in his leg. may be awhile before he starts haha

If he was full healthy and did start we planned on doing. We wanted KT to be along side Amare to help him out at C.

Amare
KT
Marion
Bell
Nash

There's also talk he may not come back at all. 2nd rd at best I think at this point.

Reactions: Carbo04

·
Sincerely, Derrick Rose
2,998 Posts
C - Diaw
PF - Amare
SF - Marion
SG - Bell
PG - Nash

Diaw will start ahead of KT. The reason is Diaw did a pretty good job defending Centers despite not playing his natural position SF. KT was a good defender himself, but after that injury, he needs time to return to his old form. Diaw's passing out of the post is also one of the reason that he'll likely stay in the starting lineup. KT should be our best low post scoring option off the bench.

Amare should play alongside Diaw alot. Cuz, I think Amare is going to make Diaw the player the Suns need. And Diaw is going to take pressure off Amare. Amare's pressence will allow Diaw to focus more on playing defense, and make contributions that don't show up on the stat sheet, Diaw can become the difference maker. And Amare will also get a lot of open looks, cuz Diaw is a high percentage shooter from inside or outside, Diaw can lure defender and hit Amare with the right pass. We've seen a lot of Diaw to Marion alley oop, now we're going to see Diaw to Amare alley oop too. Diaw is not a natural Center, but we've reached this point with him as our starting C. If it doesn't break, don't fix it.

·
Jedi/Sith Hybrid
1,451 Posts
Carbo04 said:
Actually Diaw started as center last night.

C - Diaw
PF - Amare
SF - Matrix
SG - Bell
PG - Nash
This line-up presents so many match-up problems, it's scary...now's it's just a matter of watching Amare getting back in stride...if he fits in like a glove like I think he will, I think the Suns can go all the way....

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mike D said he is dropping down to an 8 man rotation.

That means:

STARTERS:
Diaw
Amare
Marion
Bell
Nash

BENCH:
Barbosa
T. Thomas
House
James Jones

Someone is going to have to bite the bullet. Who will choke first?

When K. Thomas gets back two of the above players will get benched.

This will be real intersting. I think all 4 of the above players could be starters for many teams. With two of them on the bench and two draft picks this year, we might want to start thinking "trade." Either to move up in the draft, move out of the draft, or get us a single better player.

As for this years draft, we should probably draft the most athletic big man availible or try to find another Steve Nash. 2's and 3's are the eaiset players to "steal" but the Suns are overloaded. Let's find the next Marcus Camby or Steve Nash with our picks this year, move out completly, or try to land a young athletic big man with promising skills.

Reactions: Free Arsenal

·
Premium Member
116,017 Posts
I was only going by what Yahoo scoreboard had for the game (as it went on with stats updating); Amare at C. So, I guessed that how it was. Guessed wrong, I suppose.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I agree that it's
Boris
Marion
Stat
Nash
Bell-----------------------House, Barbosa and Tim Thomas will play off the bench

If they get anything at all from the Grant/ Kurt Thomas combo AND can keep Amare on the floor n healthy, the Purple gang has a great shot at Coming out of the West. Go Suns, Go!

It's going to be another interresting off season. Boris and Barbosa are up for new deals...they are important guys in Mike D's system, so expect at least 3 or 4 guys to be gone from the bench- they will be looking to maintain a low cap number.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
C: Diaw
PF: Stoudemire
SF: Marion
SG: Bell
PG: Nash

K.Thomas substitute for Diaw and Stoudemire.
T.Thomas substitute for Marion, Bell and Stoudemire
Barbosa substitute for Nash and Bell
Jones substitute for Bell, Marion and Stoudemire

I see House losing some minutes, unless foul trouble or injuries.

·
Premium Member
116,017 Posts
nbanoitall said:
diaw the starting center on a seriously contending team. think back a year ago. that would be crazy talk. if anyone would have said that, they would have been mobbed by posters

LOL. so true.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
dissonance19 said:
LOL. so true.
nba.com still has him on the roster as a guard. This really should be a red flag to a lot of GMs in the league. Diaw went from scrub to starting center averaging 13 points 7 rebounds 6 assts and a block a game. Did Diaw magically get better after the trade. Obviously not.

GMs are too concerned about athleticism and stars and all this bull**** and forget about team building. Nash certainly wasnt the biggest star or most athletic player last year, but he was the most valuable player. Hmmm, when was the last time the hawks had a talented true PG.

Obviously Steve Nash has brought the most out of Boris (who really will only get better). Interestingly i just dont get why some GMs get it and some dont. Kiki gets it in denver, obviously the spurs and pistons understand. But Isiah freakin Thomas (a great PG in his day) doesnt even seem to understand that a team needs a leader (a floor general). If nothing else, the Diaw trade proves that. How has Joe Johnson made the Hawks any closer to contention. He freakin hasnt. Now if they can get someone to feed him the rock that might work.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Tonight against the Nuggets, the Suns actually out rebounded the Nuggets and played decent defense in the fourth quarter (some in the 2nd as well). The Nuggets did have some success with their low post game, but on the other end Diaw had 13 assists, 8 rebounds, and shot 4 of 7 (and 5 of 6 from the line). Whether he starts or not, Diaw needs to be in the lineup for 35 plus minutes.

I'm guessing that KT, Amare, and Diaw will get MOST of the inside minutes, although TT is making a case for some inside time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.