Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do you think the Nets should sign a 3rd PG?

Kidd and Vaughn will already be on the team, and Zoran can play some point. Do you think that the Nets should sign another PG? and who will it be, Best?

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
You mean for next season? Best probably won't make it. Maybe we'll get one in the second round or get another nice veteran. As this team fills out, old wily vets will be more willing to sign with us if they see us as a championship caliber team.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
I like Best but I don't think we will resign him and I don't think he will want to be back.

He is a backup PG in this league, not a 12th man, which he would become.

And it's hard to stock pile 4 pointguards on a 12 man roster.

-Petey

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
We've got a Hall of Famer at the point, and an able back-up in Vaughn. Then a decent young guy in Zoran who can play the 1 and the 2. I see no reason to add another PG.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
uptown4784 said:
No, dont resign Best. How about Dickau ?
Why would the Hornets not retain him?

They are pushing him for MIP.

-Petey

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
I guess Cleveland played NO recently because there was an article that Dickau may take his show to Cleveland to play alongside James. I think james should be the point, Redd the 2 and then maybe one of their current stash of wings takes the 3 by storm.

As for the Nets PG, I think Kidd, Vaughan and Zoran are plenty enough.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
uptown4784 said:
How about give MLE to J.Jackson?
We need a big man first before we get into those types of luxuries.

-Petey

·
Legal Smeagol
30,760 Posts
uptown4784 said:
Got to agree with Petey. Plus, remember the last time he was with the Nets? He was awful! Plus, we don't need another veteran who'll mouth off and go mope around when he decides he doesn't like something. One Zo was enough for a decade or millennium.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
uptown4784 said:
He's not a FA, but I really wanted to get him (when it was rumored). We need a good backup for Vince and RJ because VC haven't prooved yet that he can stay healthy long enough (actually, his averages 63.8 games per season) . The reserve should be a good perimeter defender and outside shooter, and J-JAX fits well within the discription (His contract is very reasonable too). This summer, I think that we should target Devin Brown and Raja Bell. Mickael Pietrus, Jumaine Jones and James Posey are other signed players that match perfectly.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Prioritize.
Nets should fill out the position where it needs help most, the 4.
Next is the bench for the 3-4-5 positions.
Once those were satisfied, then they can start tweaking the 1-2 backups.

Reactions: SeaNet

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
i would really like for the coaching staff to tell us what role they want/expect zoran to play. we drafted him for a reason and he really hasnt had a solid stretch of playing time to determine his status not only as what position he should/will play but if he will get resigned with us. i think most of us agree that Z should be a 2 instead of a 1, but coach frank hasnt made that decision yet. i would like to put Z at the 2 and keep him there and then get a young solid pg where after next yr he can be kidd's backup and we wont need vaughn. then again, Z doesnt have the greatest shot for a 2. he kinda puts us in a difficult position. i would like some kind of answer though because it depends on where the coaching staff wants to play Z. bottom line another PG is the least of our worries.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
NetsanityJoe said:
i would really like for the coaching staff to tell us what role they want/expect zoran to play. we drafted him for a reason and he really hasnt had a solid stretch of playing time to determine his status not only as what position he should/will play but if he will get resigned with us. i think most of us agree that Z should be a 2 instead of a 1, but coach frank hasnt made that decision yet. i would like to put Z at the 2 and keep him there and then get a young solid pg where after next yr he can be kidd's backup and we wont need vaughn. then again, Z doesnt have the greatest shot for a 2. he kinda puts us in a difficult position. i would like some kind of answer though because it depends on where the coaching staff wants to play Z. bottom line another PG is the least of our worries.
I think that we should draft a PF on 2005 and a PG on 2006 (in the Clippers lottery pick). Next year, we'll have Kidd and Vaughn as PG's and Planinic as a backup (I'm hoping the 2nd backup) SG that can play PG if Kidd or Vauhgn will get injured.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts