Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some would call the game between the Celtics and the nets tonight in game #2 of the ECF ugly, but I call it beautiful! WHY?

I love defense, and as little - as in SHORT - as the Celtics are, they once again played their brand of "D" that they played all year and it enabled them to win tonight and even the series at 1/1!

Paul had a tough night shooting or scoring. The rest of his teammates did to , but not to his extent. They all rotated well, defended well, and somehow got some points scored - enough to win against the Great Jason Kidd, his triple double, and his own excellent defense. Jason just couldn't pull the rest of his team along with him tonight.

Great series going here, hopefully! :yes:

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Unfortunately, I missed the game, so all heard was the radio gurus calling it an ugly game.

I agree with you that defense is extremely underrated in the playoffs and that true aficionados know of its importance. There is a reason that Paul Pierce goes 3 for 20 and Keith Van Horn scores only 5 points, not just because they are "cold." :no:

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"There is a reason that Paul Pierce goes 3 for 20 and Keith Van Horn scores only 5 points, not just because they are "cold"."

That is it! Being cold when one is a shooter is one thing - but being that cold when one is a scorer (as in the case of Paul Pierce) is a thing of being cold and being defended! Paul was also playing such hard defense & rebounding - and that will make the free throw shooting percentages drop, too.

I thought both teams rotated well, but the Celtics seem to have this "extra" pizazz to their rotations, as in "PESTY" team defense that really did play that hard of defense for the full 48!

·
Registered
610 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts