Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· A deserving All-Star
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was jus researching on NBA.COM and looked over our trade w/the Bulls. According to the information I saw the trade goes as follows.

Michael Sweetney, Tim Thomas, Jermaine Jackson, second round draft choices in 2007 and 2009 and a conditional 2006 first round draft choice in exchange for Eddy Curry and Antonio Davis on 10/4/05.

Seeing that there is no 07 draft pick listed there we may not end up losing a shot at Oden afterall. Furthermore we may get our pick this year back depending on what those CONDITIONS were of that 06 first. If someone could do a little more research for me I'd be very thankful.

· I'm too sexy for ya.
2,089 Posts
knicksfan said:
I was jus researching on NBA.COM and looked over our trade w/the Bulls. According to the information I saw the trade goes as follows.

Michael Sweetney, Tim Thomas, Jermaine Jackson, second round draft choices in 2007 and 2009 and a conditional 2006 first round draft choice in exchange for Eddy Curry and Antonio Davis on 10/4/05.

Seeing that there is no 07 draft pick listed there we may not end up losing a shot at Oden afterall. Furthermore we may get our pick this year back depending on what those CONDITIONS were of that 06 first. If someone could do a little more research for me I'd be very thankful.
The condition for '06 was if we made it to the playoffs then we'd keep our pick, as for next year, even if we lose badly throughout next season, the Bulls will still be able to swap picks with us. Thus, we should be winning this year and have to be winning next year, in order for us to not lose our first rounders. Honestly I don't think we need Oden, but this year, we should trade up so we can maybe have a shot at Marcus Williams.

· A deserving All-Star
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd rather Tyrus Thomas over Marcus Williams.

· A deserving All-Star
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And Williams won't help

Tyrus is a FLYER. He is everything that Curry is not. He would be the perfect counterpart to Curry whether at the 3 or 4. I think he would make an AMAZING 3 and we can put Frye at the 4 and Curry at the 5.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.