Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
melo ranks 7th in scoring while shooting over 48%!!! this has to be his most impressive stat! the guy is ranked 5th in the nba in total fg's. only wade and brand have better fg% in the top 10 scorers in the league, yet wade and brand rank 13th and 14th respectively in total fg's...

melo also ranks 4th in points/48 minutes, 0.2 points behind lebron. thats right! that would be equivilent 30+ points/game if he played 40 minutes a night like everyone else...

heres the interesting one...
melo ranks 40th in minutes/game!!! lebron has played 1 less game then melo yet has played nearly 6 HOURS of more basketball...

minutes play a BIG part in comparing stats ;)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
They really do and I must say that I respect Denver coaching stuff since they are winning and don't kill Melo with minutes. I agree that he could get better stats (with more minutes) but he also would be more tired when it matters, he would have bigger risk to get injured... Also reasonable minutes help players longevity. So I hope you can keep hes minutes wher they are and don't try play him plus 40 minutes.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hes now just .1 points behind lebron per 48 minutes...

hes also improved to 80% from the line.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
melo and bron now tied...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.