Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, not since the 98-99 season, this nets team has a good backup pg. (Just some trivia, who was that pg?....Sherman Douglas)

Best and Vaughn have both impressed. They hit open jumpers, play solid defense, and play smart basketball. Next season, if Best and Vaughn are bouth on the bench as backup PGs, that position will be covered extremely well. And I think Ian Eagle says it best, that they both are professionals and accept their role with this team. If its five minutes or 35 minutes, they are prepared and ready to play, and accept that role.

Secondly, Krstic has started to impress me. Throughout the season, him starting was a weak point for this team. Opposing players would abuse him, as he would be outrebounded and outplayed most of the time. He is foul prone, and can be dominated on certain occasions (Sam Dalemburt comes to mind)...

However, Krstic this past month has shed that image. He has started showing signs of other moves (besides using his off-arm to go baselie from the block). He finds open spaces on the court, and is starting to rebound and defend better. (mostly help defense has gotten better).

He has reached a point for this team, that when he is on the bench, the team suffers the loss of his presense on the court. This was not the case two months ago. For the first time this season, I can honestly say he will be a very good player in this league (note I did not say "he has the potential")

Scalibrine has become more than a 13th man. His defense and offense has improved, while his intensity has not diminished. I can see him part of 9 man rotation next season, even if better bench players are brought in.

I am glad he is on this team, as he brings an element of hustle and intensity, and now he is bringing actual ability. He has proved he belongs in this league.

more notes later.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
I was under the impression that in the beginning of the season that Best had beef with his limited minutes.

Was I mistaken?

-Joe C.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Joe Camel said:
I was under the impression that in the beginning of the season that Best had beef with his limited minutes.

Was I mistaken?

-Joe C.
I don't know if he did, but at the beginning of the season you would almost want him to feel that way. With Kidd out, the PG minutes were up for grabs. His competition was undistinguished (Vaughn) and inexperienced (Planinic). Naturally he felt he could and should earn major minutes,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts