Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am going to list all the bigs that I can think of that would be pretty good for the nets right now. I will identify the ones that I think are pretty unlikely. Also below are profiles of all PFs so that you can see what I used to determine who was "good" for the roster.

Kevin Garnett--Vince Carter, Cliff Robinson, Marc Jackson

This is pretty much here to placate all the "get KG" people. I don't see why Minnesota would take this even if KG wanted out. But it does work under the CBA. Also cliffy was an extra it can work without him but I figured to make this semi-reasonable even if I find the whole scenario doubtful. The benefits of getting KG are pretty clear cut. This would also give Zoran a shot at a lot more minutes with Vince Carter gone from the SG spot. BTW no way in hell would I give up RJ and VC. Screw getting KG whoever lets that deal go down is a moron.

Drew Gooden--Cliff Robinson, Jacque Vaughn

This depends on how the Cavaliers feel about Gooden. I had read both here and on sports websites that management had soured on his potential. Plus with the acquisition of Marshall they may be more apt to move him. In addition they pick up Vaughn who is kind of like a younger, midget version of Snow. They are looking for defensive minded players and these two fit the bill. However, I am going on the assumption that Gooden is a decent defender. If Cleveland does want him, this trade is pretty illogical and we would have to sweeten it with better players and/or draft picks.

Juan Howard--Marc Jackson, Jacque Vaughn

Houston may like him too much to give him away for this offer. Maybe a 2nd rounder to sweeten the pot but not much more. This is not too likely but he is an adequate defender and scorer. He is also strong and athletic though age(32)/injuries may be a concern. Perhaps if the Rockets are floundering in the Western Conference they may want to shake things up.

Al Harrington--Marc Jackson, Jacque Vaughn, Linton Johnson III, a future pick

Atlanta may want to get something for his expiring contract but we will need to include a pick for them to give him cause the players we are offering aren't exaclty young guys with upside. We could give up Wright or Z but I am leaning towards keeping them especially since Harrington is more of an SF. In fact realgm has him listed as one. Of course he may be able to but I don't think he is the ideal solution to our PF predicament

Please list any other impact PFs that would you like to see and I will try to add them into this list. Enjoy! :cheers:

-TheMo

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Al Harrington.
Picks and Zoran

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
Drew Gooden's value is equal to that..good scenarios except for the KG one...

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Don't think the Nets would want to take on Howard's contract.

-Petey

·
Registered
8,634 Posts
Juwan also has a heart problem, doubt he would pass our physical.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Edit: Added Al Harrington to the List
Yea Howard's contract is not that great. KG had the disclaimer for a reason lol. Maybe Thorn will use the Jedi mind tricks he used on Babcock to get VC :biggrin: .

-TheMo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts