Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took these from an article about Eric Hicks, one of Max's teammates last season, and I thought the Pistons fans would enjoy them.

Link

Maxiell, who showed up on campus at 205 pounds, left as a 255-pound beast on the inside.
While Maxiell didn't say much, his actions spoke volumes. Hicks watched how hard his friend worked on the court, in the weight room and in practice.
"The thing that makes Max special is that motor. I think Eric being around that, it has grown on him," Martin said. "It's given him a lot of confidence. You definitely see the sense of urgency. He's trying to prepare himself for the next step. He feels the torch has been passed to him, from all the great players who have been here at Cincinnati."

That torch is coming directly from Maxiell.

Outside of their mouths, the two are similar. Both are undersized power players, with Hicks measuring an inch shorter than Maxiell. Both have long arms, with wingspans well over 7-feet, and both are incredibly strong. Maxiell was the only first-round pick in this year's NBA draft with a college degree, and Hicks is on track to leave UC with a degree as well.

"Jason Maxiell is the type of guy we're all in coaching for," Kennedy said. "I see Eric on that same path."

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I really like what little I have seen from Maxiell so far. I can't wait till he gets into the regular rotation. I love the way he plays the game I can easily see him being my favorite piston in a few years.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Another Piston project. I like him so far.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts