Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mikedc</b>!
The Wiz wouldn't do it. Kwame has been consistently showing up on both ends of the court.
I still have doubts on all three of these guys, but wouldn't it be something if in five years all of them were the all stars they were predicted to be. We've seen hints from all three but no consistent domination yet. Hell, add Diop in there too, he could still pan out.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
The Wizards seriously would not consider this right now. Since the return of Arenas and Stack they have not had much problems scoring, and Kwame is a much better on ball defnder than Curry. Curry probably has the edge in the post right now, but he has always had the ability to score in the post, while Kwame is showing more and more comfort there, while getting to the free throw line with regularity. And as MikeDC said, Kwame shows up on both ends.

·
The Snake
6,527 Posts
Is there any doubt if Curry puts it together and Kwame puts it together and Chandler puts it together that Curry will be the best of the 3.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Originally posted by <b>T.Shock</b>!
Is there any doubt if Curry puts it together and Kwame puts it together and Chandler puts it together that Curry will be the best of the 3.
I don't quite get the logic. Are you saying if they all lived up to their potential? How are you rating their potential, and what do you see each at their best, being?

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Originally posted by <b>T.Shock</b>!
Yes, boatloads of doubt. A month ago Kwame was the bust of the century and a week ago Curry was Oliver Miller. It's simply impossible to place any of these players above another at this point, especially considering that Kwame had the crushing experience of being harassed by his idol. Honestly, Kwame was chosen number 1 for a reason and I think if everyone fulfills their 'potential', Kwame might very well end up being the best of the four. He is without a doubt the most balanced of the 4 HSers at this point. The Wizards have a very bright future with Arenas and Kwame serving as the anchors of that team, especially given the flashes Hayes has shown and what Hughes is capable of.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Originally posted by <b>sp00k</b>!

Yes, boatloads of doubt. A month ago Kwame was the bust of the century and a week ago Curry was Oliver Miller. It's simply impossible to place any of these players above another at this point, especially considering that Kwame had the crushing experience of being harassed by his idol. Honestly, Kwame was chosen number 1 for a reason and I think if everyone fulfills their 'potential', Kwame might very well end up being the best of the four. He is without a doubt the most balanced of the 4 HSers at this point. The Wizards have a very bright future with Arenas and Kwame serving as the anchors of that team, especially given the flashes Hayes has shown and what Hughes is capable of.
Joe Smith was picked #1 for a reason as well

Same with Pervy

You could argue that they played up to the potential - the potential levelled out after a while as it became apparent they were appalling selections as #1 picks

Some times the pooch gets screwed.. what can I tell ya

·
The Snake
6,527 Posts
My point is that if each pans out to what they are expected to be, Curry as a dominant center in the East will far outweigh what Kwame will be able to do as a power forward in the East. Best case scenario is that Curry dominantes like Shaq dominantes and Kwame dominantes like Jermaine O'Neal dominates. Just my personal feelings, that a center like Curry will be more dominant that a power forward like Kwame

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
I think Curry has a whole lot more potential than Brown, and if he lives up to it will be a much more dominant player. At the same time, I think Brown has a better chance of living up to his potential than Curry. So I agree with folks saying that its impossible to put either one above the other at this point.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.