Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been gone on vacation for a week. I have missed the whole Ronald Dupree craze so I'm just wondering, what kind of game does this guy have? Is he a sharpshooter? Athletic? Quick? Great finisher? Good defender? You get the point. I want to know what he does well, what he doesnt do well, and your opinion on whether he could be a permanent solution to our SF problem.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright, thanks to the huge amount of people who replied to this.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
I feel I haven't seen enough of him to comment objectively. I haven't even seen him in a Bulls uniform yet.

One thing's for sure -- he can absolutely sky. He has a recorded 41.5" vertical leap, which is higher than Erob's.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by <b>VincentVega</b>!
I feel I haven't seen enough of him to comment objectively. I haven't even seen him in a Bulls uniform yet.

One thing's for sure -- he can absolutely sky. He has a recorded 41.5" vertical leap, which is higher than Erob's.
Palabra. Highest of anyone is last year's draft class.

As I've said in the other thread about him, I see a stronger DMiles.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Originally posted by <b>VincentVega</b>!

where can i get info about vertical leap and wingspan???

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
I just read the ESPN.com reports from the predraft camps, and remembered the numbers. Google "vertical leap" and see what you get.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Here's an impressive Ronald Dupree stat.

In only 3 games, he has tallied 11 offensive rebounds. That tells you a lot about his hustle and heart.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Originally posted by <b>superdave</b>!

Palabra. Highest of anyone is last year's draft class.

As I've said in the other thread about him, I see a stronger DMiles.
Because he can dunk?

He's a good 3-4 inches shorter than Miles...

I don't see that....

It's a shame this guy wasn't here from the start, or at least brought in sooner.

We're at the middle of the season and I don't know what we were doing, are we trying to get healthy and make the playoffs, or are we throwing in the towel?

I guess we'll know at deadline...

·
_(&#12484;)_&#3626;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3
28,008 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rawse</b>!
Well, I don't know much about "star potential," but I felt that Dupree should have at least been an upper-second rounder in the draft. I saw the guy play a bunch when he was at LSU, but I haven't seen him since. Here's a couple notes.

- The guy has some amazing hangtime. From what I've read here, he apparently has a 40+" vertical, and I'll tell you that it's 100% accurate. The man has some fantastic athleticism.

- He's versatile out on the floor. He mainly played PF for the Tigers, but at 6'7", he's obviously a wing player in the NBA. However, when playing with a small lineup, he can play the 4 for short spans. He can also play the 2 or 3 with ease.

- Good defender. He regularly shut down the opposition in college.

- He's a great penetrator and fairly quick off the dribble. In college, he had some much slower people guarding him, but he can still get to the basket with ease.

- Fairly inconsistent jumpshot. LSU fans loved screaming "Dupree...for threeeeeeee," but his shot is a little ugly, which is why it's good that he can get to the bucket. Now, I don't know if this has changed, judging from his 7-11 (or something) from the floor in his debut.

So...that's what I remember. I hope this helps the conversation. I like the Darius Miles comparison, only Dupree actually has a clue. But the person I most identify him to is a more athletic Marquis Daniels.
From the "Dupree-Star Power" thread.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bullet</b>!

where can i get info about vertical leap and wingspan???
http://www.nba.com/media/bulls/predraft_vitals_03.pdf
Dupree measured in at 6'6.75" w/o shoes and 6'7.25" with shoes and had a 6'8.25" wingspan. Maybe he could borrow Jay Williams' shoes and be like... 6'8"! :D

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/gen/jun03/148615.asp
...athletes who were put through a series of drills at the recent Chicago NBA pre-draft camp.

Points are assigned prospects for performances in a variety of physical tests, including vertical jump, three-quarter-court sprint, bench press and a lane agility test.

Louisiana State's Ronald Dupree had the <b>highest leap at 41.5 inches</b>.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks rawse, good info.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
I saw the guy in person down here in Miami...

He hit a couple outside jumpers which kind of surprised me, as I read he didn't have a J...

He's not an outside threat, and doesn't have the best ball handling skills, and there isn't a lot of flash to his game, unless you want to count thunderous dunks as flash...

What I saw was a guy who knows the limits of his game and doesn't try to play outside his limits. He hustles, and lets face it, this guy is going to give his heart out regardless, but I know he sure as hell doesn't want to go back to the NBDL, and that showed...

He was a joy to watch for his first game, if I remember correctly he got 2 quick fouls...but he still played well.

I was disappointed though, I went to see JC, I saw him...

On the end of the bench next to Chris Jefferies.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts