Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone owes me an explanation.

I have paid to be a member of this site and it's turned to crap. For the last month I've noticed something different about my profile bar on the right and I didn't even consider the reality, that my inbox has been disabled, until someone just mentioned it.

This is unacceptable and I want my money back for my membership, I have received no explanation and this board is a graveyard. Anyone ever heard of the customer is right? We, paid users, in addition to ads, helped to fund this site.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, on further research there appears to be no "Security Risk" other than people who are upset with this website for knee-jerk bannings. It's clear that PMs are gone because you don't want people writing PRIVATE messages that might include a link. God forbid that someone goes to more than one site on the internet, i mean why would you. There are only two pages on the internet Aol.com and this forum, right?

I still would like a refund, this is not the site I paid to be part of.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I just tried to send you a PM to test your theory and this is the message I got...

stockfire has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have never made that decision, someone has done it for me. I don't even know where that option is.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
PMs have been turned back on for the last week or so, I believe. I'm not sure why you're not allowed to receive PMs. It must be something in your profile options by mistake. I'll try and look into it, though I don't think I can do anything about it - only the Admins can, so I'll let them know as well.

Edit: I just checked and it says that you are able to receive PMs. I'll try PMing you and see if it works.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the effort. It very clearly says 0 messages are allowed in my inbox.

I don't know any of the mods personally and I'm not out to tick anyone off, but this is not the board I paid to support. I came back from a trip overseas and all of the regulars where gone, the OT board was deserted, and the remaining posters were so heavily censored I couldn't even get caught up on what had happened.

I would appreciate my subscription refunded to my paypal account that I paid with, you can remove the "lifetime member" status from my profile if you wish.

I'm posting my concern here in this forum for two seasons 1) Someone has taken my ability to send a private message and 2) A suspicious level of censorship on the board coinciding with the lack of private messages concerns me that my dissatisfaction will be swept under the rug and ignored.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
I let KAS know about the situation and linked him to this thread and he's trying to figure it out. I can send PMs to everyone else just fine, but with you, I can't, and we're trying to figure out why.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Oh, and for what it's worth, nobody disabled your membership specifically just so that you don't know find out about competing forums. I can PM other Blazers fans just fine, as can anyone else. Not sure what's going on with your profile. KAS hasn't gotten back to me yet on what's going on.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Forget the refund . . . the question is do you still want your lifetime membership?

When I paid for a membership, I paid 10 bucks for one year because I wanted to show my finacially support for the site. In fact I did it two years, so I have paid 20 bucks. For that price I could have been a lifetime member, but the issue for me is do I want to be associated with the site for a lifetime as a paying memeber? If that's OK with you, then NBD.

But after everything that has gone down on the Blazer board, I prefer not to be known as a paying member to the site. And if you don't want to get punished on the other site, I would remove that BBF "lifetime member" albatross you have hanging around your screen name. :D

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
never low on drama here in the Blazers forum...
Actually with the average # of memebers on at any given time being between 0-3 . . . it is getting very low on drama in the Blazer forum. It is just flat out getting very low on everything in the Blazer forum . . .

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts
Forget the refund . . . the question is do you still want your lifetime membership?

When I paid for a membership, I paid 10 bucks for one year because I wanted to show my finacially support for the site. In fact I did it two years, so I have paid 20 bucks. For that price I could have been a lifetime member, but the issue for me is do I want to be associated with the site for a lifetime as a paying memeber? If that's OK with you, then NBD.

But after everything that has gone down on the Blazer board, I prefer not to be known as a paying member to the site. And if you don't want to get punished on the other site, I would remove that BBF "lifetime member" albatross you have hanging around your screen name. :D
No offense or anything, but thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Dont want to be associated with an internet forum? Who are you worried about judging you?

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
No offense or anything, but thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Dont want to be associated with an internet forum? Who are you worried about judging you?
Canadians, eh? :whoknows:

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
It appears lies and cover-ups are still the norm here.

I just attempted to PM stockfire and got this message:

stockfire has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

Or maybe it's just me, oh and TLo?

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Then it might be something in his profile that he needs to go in and change. KAS said he fixed it.

Edit: I just PM'd stockfire and it appears to work...

·
Legal Smeagol
30,760 Posts

Thank you for an unfounded and childish attack. When a poster has his PM settings arranged so that only members on his buddy list and Mods can contact him, that not only has nothing to do with us, but it's something we will not change, absent a request to do so by the poster.

I'll put it more plainly, so that it's clear to everyone. On your UserCP, you have an Options tab, which includes settings for PMs. One of the settings available is as follows:

You may limit the receipt of private messages to just moderators and those on your buddy list. Other members who attempt to send messages to you will be told that you have disabled private messaging.
Receive Private Messages only from Buddies and Moderators
If the box next to the line above is checked, then that poster will receive only those PMs he wishes to. We have nothing to do with that setting, and will not change it either way.

If you really want to PM him, either a) request that he put you on his buddy list or b) ask him to change his PERSONAL PM preference to allow PMs from everyone.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts

Funny, because I just sent him a PM and it seemed to work fine...

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
No offense or anything, but that is the most ignorant, simple minded response I've ever heard. There are many Internet sites and forums I don't want to be associated with, if you don't get that . . someday you will. And I am judged on many different levels from running and being elected on the school board to chairing various local committees.

About this site, I doubt this one can be held against someone. But do I want to say or have represented that I'm a lifetime member of this site, I don't . . . I don't care if it was free. This site (or at least this forum) is poorly and offensively run and given the interaction between mods and regular Blazer posters, it could reflect poorly on someone being a regular here. I don't know . . . but again I wouldn't want to be a lifetime member given the way things went down . . . embarrassing for everyone.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.