Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont Know what it is. Trade, signing or whatever but i sense something huge is abouit to go down at the bulls. with all the talk of potentials trades, players that fit our sytmes, big men to replace currys presence on th court. i dont know who is involved but something huse is going to go off.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Thanks for the tip... I'm heading for my 6 foot concrete-wall steel reinforced concrete bunker as I type!

I'll see everyone in a two months after the radiation levels subside and the zombies have all starved to death after exhausting the available supplies of human brains.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Mikedc said:
Thanks for the tip... I'm heading for my 6 foot concrete-wall steel reinforced concrete bunker as I type!

I'll see everyone in a two months after the radiation levels subside and the zombies have all starved to death after exhausting the available supplies of human brains.

LOL

I dunno about something big but somethin will happen i'm sure

·
Sunlight in a distant sky
2,810 Posts
Mikedc said:

:laugh:

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Mikedc said:

Be sure to shoot em' in the forehead! :D

·
Ugliest SupMember
1,704 Posts
ACT_THE_FOOL said:
I dont Know what it is. Trade, signing or whatever but i sense something huge is abouit to go down at the bulls. with all the talk of potentials trades, players that fit our sytmes, big men to replace currys presence on th court. i dont know who is involved but something huse is going to go off.
is this ur 6th sense or something?

·
Registered
78 Posts
truebluefan said:
Be sure to shoot em' in the forehead! :D

:biggrin: naw man 2 in the chest one in the head

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
In all seriousness, though, I don't think something would be going down unless Skiles and Pax were acting more strange. They are pretty transparent and I think we'd be seeing more from them.

But how many weeks are we away from being able to trade TT? When that date arrives, I'll be more interested in seeing what happens. Because obviously the franchise is treating him as if he's not actually a player on our team.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Showtyme said:
In all seriousness, though, I don't think something would be going down unless Skiles and Pax were acting more strange. They are pretty transparent and I think we'd be seeing more from them.

But how many weeks are we away from being able to trade TT? When that date arrives, I'll be more interested in seeing what happens. Because obviously the franchise is treating him as if he's not actually a player on our team.
I actually don't think Thomas is going to get traded.

Any value he might have outside of being an expiring contract is getting wiped out via his inability to get on the court, and his salary is so huge that any deal involving him would have to be pretty major, we'd have to take on a ton of salary and presumably for a while - because the only reason anyone's going to trade for TT is to get a big chunk of change off the books next year. I don't sense anything major on the horizon. But what do I know - this is pretty much pure speculation on my part. Kind of like a Sam Smith column.

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
jbulls said:
I actually don't think Thomas is going to get traded.

Any value he might have outside of being an expiring contract is getting wiped out via his inability to get on the court, and his salary is so huge that any deal involving him would have to be pretty major, we'd have to take on a ton of salary and presumably for a while - because the only reason anyone's going to trade for TT is to get a big chunk of change off the books next year. I don't sense anything major on the horizon. But what do I know - this is pretty much pure speculation on my part. Kind of like a Sam Smith column.
All good points. But we have interesting pieces, a lot of medium-sized salaries that, in combination with the new more relaxed trading rules (125% now), can make things happen.

TT + Noch, or Deng, or Gordon, or Sweetney. That can turn into several mid-sized salaries.

Here's a random deal that I'm making up off the top of my head:

Hakim Warrick + Shane Battier + Eddie Jones (~21 mil)

for

TT + Noch + Othella + our lower first rounder next year (~21 mil).

And our cap space comes a year later, but we get a more useful player in EJ, a lengthy G/F with great jib and consistent talent in Battier, and a young defensive PF that can play big in a PF rotation with Sweetney. Grizz get a gritty int'l-style SF/PF, get their cap space sooner, and get a second pick in next year's draft.

This is not a likely trade to happen, as it's not really great for either side, but in any event, I'm just showing that it's really easy to use TT as a centerpiece in a trade in combination with other players we have and our future picks to package something that will get us a good bunch of players in return.

However, I think TT is best used by using his talent while we have it then sending him off this offseason. I think the Bulls should actually not make any moves this season, get their young players a year closer to achieving their prime and actualizing their potential, then making a bunch of good moves in the offseason. Nevertheless, Pax might think differently and might already be looking at a player he wants to acquire in a trade.

It would be new news, though, as most of Pax's moves have not been to acquire players but rather to do addition by subtraction. Jalen and Craw were that way; Curry, in his mind, forced his hand in that trade. We haven't seen a "proactive", aggressive Paxson that eyes players and tries to make moves for them.

Reactions: jbulls

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Showtyme said:
All good points. But we have interesting pieces, a lot of medium-sized salaries that, in combination with the new more relaxed trading rules (125% now), can make things happen.

TT + Noch, or Deng, or Gordon, or Sweetney. That can turn into several mid-sized salaries.

Here's a random deal that I'm making up off the top of my head:

Hakim Warrick + Shane Battier + Eddie Jones (~21 mil)

for

TT + Noch + Othella + our lower first rounder next year (~21 mil).

And our cap space comes a year later, but we get a more useful player in EJ, a lengthy G/F with great jib and consistent talent in Battier, and a young defensive PF that can play big in a PF rotation with Sweetney. Grizz get a gritty int'l-style SF/PF, get their cap space sooner, and get a second pick in next year's draft.

This is not a likely trade to happen, as it's not really great for either side, but in any event, I'm just showing that it's really easy to use TT as a centerpiece in a trade in combination with other players we have and our future picks to package something that will get us a good bunch of players in return.

However, I think TT is best used by using his talent while we have it then sending him off this offseason. I think the Bulls should actually not make any moves this season, get their young players a year closer to achieving their prime and actualizing their potential, then making a bunch of good moves in the offseason. Nevertheless, Pax might think differently and might already be looking at a player he wants to acquire in a trade.

It would be new news, though, as most of Pax's moves have not been to acquire players but rather to do addition by subtraction. Jalen and Craw were that way; Curry, in his mind, forced his hand in that trade. We haven't seen a "proactive", aggressive Paxson that eyes players and tries to make moves for them.
I'll buy this. I guess I think that:

a) any trade involving Thomas is going to have to involve a bunch of guys, which you correctly point out.

b) I don't think Paxson is inclined to make trades involving a bunch of our guys.

c) I'm not sure that a young team with a solid core looking for extra pieces should deal a bunch of their current pieces away, as you also note above.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts