8. Boston 13½

9. Miami 14½
10. Philadelphia 15½
11. Cleveland 16
12. Atlanta 20½
13. Washington 20
14. Chicago 22½
15. Orlando 23

The Cavs are 7-3 in their last 10 games. Only two other Eastern Conference teams are doing that well. New York and Indiana.

The Cavs are in the playoff race. Whether you want to acknowledge it or not. I see them lumped in with Atlanta, Washington, Orlando, and Chicago, but they are closer to the 6th seed in the playoffs than they are to their nearest team in back, Atlanta.

Wise up folks. Know the facts on which you speak a little bit before you generalize.

And Diop has been playing well, and is not a bust. Which is another thing I keep seeing people get wrong. Diop is the reason you hear Z rumors, and the reason Chris Mihm is a celtic.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I was just noticing this 5 minutes before I saw this thread! Cleveland is one of the hottest teams in the NBA right now, and they are improving each game it seems. Here's hoping they can make the playoffs.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I don't consider the Cavs to be a bad team, just a young team. I think if they learn how to play the game, they have a very good chance to reach the playoffs. After all, It is the Eastern Conference.

One of the things I've noticed about Cleveland earlier in the year, is that they didn't know how to finish games. They'd take bad shots, surrender the costly turnover, and just basically have very bad possessions during the 4th qtr. of a close game.

They must be improving on this.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
The question is, whos spot are they going to take. I think the Celtics are the likely candidate, but you have to think Philly will probably make a run at it also. Toronto and Milwaukee are also candidates, but Milwaukee would really have to flop in order to not make the playoffs at this point.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
the heat are 5-2 in their last 7 games, with a 1.5 game lead over them right now...if anybody takes the celtics spot, its goin to be the heat

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
I am rooting for the Cavs since the season started.

If they upsed New York we get the Cavs pick which would be #15 and New York's lottery pick plus our own lottery pick.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Originally posted by <b>wadecaroneddie</b>!
the heat are 5-2 in their last 7 games, with a 1.5 game lead over them right now...if anybody takes the celtics spot, its goin to be the heat
The first half of your statement I agree with. The second half is a very typically wadecaroneddie statement. If you were a prophet, the HEat would be first in the East and Wade would be the ROY.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Im confident the knicks will make the playoffs. I do think the Cavs have a solid chance though, but they're going to have to battle with the heat. I think the heat play the Nets tonight. If the Heat can give the nets a run for thier money then the Cavs can get an idea of the competition that they're up agianst. I think Boston will drop out of the 8th sppot but I could be wrong.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think Boston and/or Toronto is coming down. Those last two spots are up for grabs between Cleveland, Miami, Philly, Boston, and Toronto. You can't say right now for certain which of those teams is going to get it. It's just an opinion.

What I wanted to call attention to people is that the Cavs are in that group of teams that are in a scrum for the playoffs. I see far too many people talking about the Cavs as an impossibility for the playoffs and how awful they are. That was true a few months ago. But it is far from truth now.

I think the Heat are certainly in this same group with the Cavs in terms of teams that not a lot of people are really thinking about, but that are playing very well.

For all we know, Miami and Cleveland could be in. With Toronto, Boston, or even New Orleans sliding out or being overtaken.

You could even see Philly come flying up the standings.

Also. Isn't it amazing that the Bucks have homecourt right now?? Wow. And they are not a team you want to play in their house.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jdg</b>!

The first half of your statement I agree with. The second half is a very typically wadecaroneddie statement. If you were a prophet, the HEat would be first in the East and Wade would be the ROY.
:laugh: all i said was weve been on as much as a roll as the cavs lately, yet nobody says anyting about us.....yes the cavs are doin well, but we are 1.5 up on them, even with all the injuries we have had....when did i ever say wade should be roy or we would be first place....all i said was we have a better chance than the cavs, yet nobody even realizes it or notices it or says anything about it...

·
Registered
490 Posts
i don't quite think you have a better chance, because the cavs lineup looks really strong right now. but both teams are playing well.

i like the heat but i see less big parts there starting to mesh. but yeah, they are on the level of the cavs right now, could be a sleeper in the east. the thing is if the cavs make it a lot of people would be like 'i told you so, i knew they would' and if the heat made it people would be like 'what? the heat?'. you guys have been flying under the radar - the king title on lbj has assured the cavs of being front page news for a while.

the celts will drop out. i say this as a former ricky davis fan. i can't believe he gave an interview the other day and was still talking trash about the cavs. cavs are twice the team the celts are right now.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
1. Indiana -
2. New Jersey 8
3. Detroit 3
<b>4. Milwaukee 8½ </b>
5. New Orleans 9
6. Toronto 12
7. New York 13
8. Boston 13½

9. Miami 14½
10. Philadelphia 15½
11. Cleveland 16
12. Atlanta 20½
13. Washington 20
14. Chicago 22½
15. Orlando 23
I personally think this is what a lot of people don't know.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Re: Something Many of You Don't Seem to Know

Originally posted by <b>MJG</b>!

I personally think this is what a lot of people don't know.
I think you're right. When I came back to this thread i was like, woah. Wait a minute. Bucks are getting homecourt advantage?

I am completely amazed at the Bucks this year.

Is TJ Ford that good?
Was George Karl that bad?

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Something Many of You Don't Seem to Know

Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
Was George Karl that bad?
Yes, he was.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
The Bucks are an awesome team this season. They have chemistry comparable to any of the other top teams in the league. I've got to think it's Terry Porter that is responsible for their success. They're getting major contributions from players that have been written off in the past, like Joe Smith and Tim Thomas. But their biggest strength is that they obviously love to play and are having fun... they're great to watch.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
i think TALENT WISE cavs have proved themselves as one of the top 10 teams in the league
paul silas is not a good coach and they just don't finish games
thats their 2 problems
but the way they have been playing lately
i think they'll make the playoffs
AND make it to 2nd round

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by <b>fjkdsi</b>!
i think TALENT WISE cavs have proved themselves as one of the top 10 teams in the league
paul silas is not a good coach and they just don't finish games
thats their 2 problems
but the way they have been playing lately
i think they'll make the playoffs
AND make it to 2nd round
Paul Silas is a good coach. He's the reason a lot of the "talent" is actually producing on the court. He really knows how to get the most out of guys within a team concept.

And they are closing games out now. That's why they are on a tear.

The two trades that Paxson did have really radically changed the team for the better.

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
I could see the Cavs sneaking into the 8th spot. I agree that the two trades they made have improved the team alot, they brought veterans who help the team win. The thing that impresses me is that they are now winning games, while still developing an young nucleus of LeBron, Boozer, Wagner, Diop and Brown.

Another reason for optimism is the coach. Paul Silas coached teams are historically very good after the all-star break. I saw a stat recently that in the past five seasons he's coached, the teams have a winning percentage over .600% after the break.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts