Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Excentrifugal Forz
6,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't see a thread started so I thought I'd start one.

Blazers are doing a lot better than the last game against Seattle. Was out in front for a bit but just now tied it up again. Way to many easy points for Seattle.

· Excentrifugal Forz
6,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Portland isn't getting back on D and standing around not going after rebounds. Lucky to be only down by 6.

· Excentrifugal Forz
6,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blazers down 58-52 @ half.

· Registered
7,207 Posts
The second quarter was one serious lack of effort, its a miracle they aren't down more. Chris Wilcox is showing tonight why we need a real big guy on the front line. So far from what I see from Dixon, if he keeps shooting like he was in the first half, I would feed him the ball he seems pretty hot tonight. Also I wish some players would learn to catch a pass from Bassy, he was robbed of 2 assist by the numbskulls who dropped his point blank at the rim passes. Martell had a nice half besides a couple of brainless plays...like the one where he tried to pass it to Theo to bring the ball up the court....Martell..Theo is not a guard...you are. :biggrin:

· Banned member
28,451 Posts
anyone else sick of how FSN games seem to have satellite brain farts every so often?

where the play freezes, and then jerks ahead a few seconds, with some evidence (pixels) showing still?

And Im not on dish damnit..

oh yah, and Zach and Darius still aren't putting much effort on the rebounding tonite. :(

· Excentrifugal Forz
6,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At least there is a little more effort. Man, Miles can't even bank it off the backboard.

· Banned member
28,451 Posts
mgb said:
At least there is a little more effort. Man, Miles can't even bank it off the backboard.
there seems to be stretches of about 3-4 plays where the guys play smart, and then 15-20 where they just don't seem to care.

No one is boxing out, no one is rebounding, and our forwards are crap tonite.

can someone explain why miles is still playing? anyone?

hey guys, guess what? Juan Dixon guarding Ray Allen didn't work last time, and it's not working again this time.

· Excentrifugal Forz
6,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If Dixon doesn't try that pass to Miles we are most likely only down by 3,,,,now down by 12.

· Excentrifugal Forz
6,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Allen is unconscious!

· Registered
2,908 Posts
Another crapper from Blake. I have no idea how the guy keeps his starting job all this long. Good game by Telfair and Webster should have gotten more shots. Looks like Juan did well offensively but gave it up many more on the defensive end.

· Excentrifugal Forz
6,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well this was a pretty good game. We played fairly well and still get a lost to drop in a tie with NY.

· Banned member
28,451 Posts
Sambonius said:
Another crapper from Blake. I have no idea how the guy keeps his starting job all this long. Good game by Telfair and Webster should have gotten more shots. Looks like Juan did well offensively but gave it up many more on the defensive end.

First off, I am so damn sick of FSN's feed getting all choppy and crappy.

Telfair has had a really good game. Under control, strong, and smart. I can't believe the # of bounces going Seattle's way. Our rebounding is totally inept tonite. It's almost not worth mentioning, it's so pathetic.

the wrong players played way too much tonite (zach and darius). Seriously, what in red white and blue hell were those guys playing big minutes tonite?

neither one did anything worth squadoosh.

Now that Telfair is finishing better, and shooting (collectively) better, I honestly think that paper is as good as gone.

· Excentrifugal Forz
6,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SMiLE said:
First off, I am so damn sick of FSN's feed getting all choppy and crappy.
Funny, I'm on Directv and I haven't got any of that.

· Registered
1,082 Posts
They never stop amazing me how bad they are at boxing out. A skill I remember learning when I was about 8 years old.

Anyways, I was once again very impressed with Telfair. It amazes me how some people named tlong don't think he's better than Blake.. I guess we all can't have an IQ over 50.

As much as it pains me, I thought Miles actually displayed a little hustle tonight, and I have to admit he did look like he was being bothered with an injury. He wasn't that good, but did look awake. Zach on the other hand probably moved as much while he was sitting on the bench in the fourth quarter as he did when he was actually in the game. He also looks injured. If his legs aren't, his head sure is.

· Registered
7,207 Posts
Good game it was nice to see the player Nate had in the 4th at least play with effort. Telfair continues to play well, he seems to have adjusted to NBA game speed finally. I honestly think he should test the middle every time he brings the ballup the court like Nash does. He had several assist dropped tonight, and he is clearly the fastest player on the court. Dixon was excellent tonight, its too bad the guy can't defend very well. Zbo's effort was pathetic he was owned by Wilcox tonight. Darius still can't hit an outside jumper, and probably never will except in freak games. I actully think if we had Pryzbilla tonight this game could have been a win. :clown:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.