Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Seattle Sonics are amazing, they're off the chain. Tonight, they beat the best team in the NBA, the San Antonio Spurs. With their full roster, including Watson and Wilcox, the Sonics are among the elite. They only lost to Detroit by a whopping 2 points, including a last second buzzer beater which put the Pistons ahead. They have been playing amazing, even against great competition (Pistons, Grizzlies, Suns, Spurs, Lakers, Kings, Nuggets). Seattle is now a top 10 team, as they have shown in the past couple weeks.

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
:sigh:

The title of this thread is pure homerism. The team is 7-5 since the trades, which is better than what they were, but nowhere near elite. They are really young and still make too many mental mistakes to win a lot of games. Like tonight, they almost blew a seven point lead in the last minute by turning it over four times. Only securing the win on a clutch 3 pointer by Ray.

Alot of potential in the frontcourt though, with Wilcox, Swift and Petro all showing that they can be players in this league. Their athleticism gave the Spurs problems tonight. If those bigs can get it together before Ray declines, then the Sonics have a chance to be a pretty good team.

·
Registered
12,466 Posts
Scinos said:
The title of this thread is pure homerism. The team is 7-5 since the trades, which is better than what they were, but nowhere near elite. They are really young and still make too many mental mistakes to win a lot of games. Like tonight, they almost blew a 7 point lead in the last minute. Only getting the win on a clutch Ray 3 pointer.

Alot of potential in the frontcourt though, with Wilcox, Swift and Petro all showing that they can be players in this league. Their athleticism gave the Spurs problems tonight. If those bigs can get it together before Ray declines, then the Sonics have a chance to be a pretty good team.
completely agree.. wilcox has looked especially good since he suited up for seattle.
top 10 though right now is ridiculous

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rawse said:
I like Yao Chairman's posts more than yours.
someones getting angry...

·
Limehouse Blues
26,986 Posts
Wilcox is going to play like an All NBA player until he gets his money.You can bank on that.The question is whether or he can actually motivate himself once he finds someone that is willing to give him the big FA money.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
if they had drafted robert swift 10 years ago, maybe they'd be elite. but until one of their top 2 centers can legally drink, i think they are far too inexperienced to accomplish anything. i seriously believe that if jerome james was still there they would atleast 3 more wins

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
yeah, I'm a Sonic fan, & this team is not elite. Luke almost single handedly choked the game away in the 4th qtr tonight, and by a miracle from Ray, they won. The Sonics have barely beat Philly & Milwaukee at home. Their defense is still atrocious, the rebounding can be so much better, and the turnovers & sloppy execution is still there. Sonics are right now a mediocre team with a star and lots of potential....the future of the team basically relies on potential, and it's too early to say they are "elite."

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
hmmmm.... :angel:

·
Registered
12,120 Posts
pr0wler said:
The Seattle Sonics are amazing, they're off the chain. Tonight, they beat the best team in the NBA, the San Antonio Spurs. With their full roster, including Watson and Wilcox, the Sonics are among the elite. They only lost to Detroit by a whopping 2 points, including a last second buzzer beater which put the Pistons ahead. They have been playing amazing, even against great competition (Pistons, Grizzlies, Suns, Spurs, Lakers, Kings, Nuggets). Seattle is now a top 10 team, as they have shown in the past couple weeks.
Let's not get crazy here. There's reason for hope, now, but that's about it.

·
Registered
12,120 Posts
The Sonics future is all about those 2 7-footers, and maybe Wilcox, though I'm not a believer in him, yet. When those 7-footers can consistently be impact players defensively, on the boards, and around the rim offensively then the Sonics will be a team to consider. That's at least a year or two down the road.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
LoL

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
hey yo, Sonics are 11-6 with Wilcox and Watson in the lineup. And that's including games against very tough competition: San Antonio, Detroit, Phoenix (twice), Memphis (twice), and Denver. All you haters saying I'm a Ballscientist wannabe, 11-6 projected out to their current number of games (76) and you get 49 wins, which is 7th best in the NBA. And next year they got Swift, Petro, Wilcox, Ridnour, Wilkins, and Collison all improved with another year under their belt. The Sonics are off the chain.

Reactions: G-Force

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
pr0wler said:
hey yo, Sonics are 11-6 with Wilcox and Watson in the lineup. And that's including games against very tough competition: San Antonio, Detroit, Phoenix (twice), Memphis (twice), and Denver. All you haters saying I'm a Ballscientist wannabe, 11-6 projected out to their current number of games (76) and you get 49 wins, which is 6th best in the NBA. And next year they got Swift, Petro, Wilcox, Ridnour, Wilkins, and Collison all improved with another year under their belt. The Sonics are off the chain.
OMG what a moron. This is all pure homerism. Just because you win a few games during the last month of the season doesn't mean you can do it all season. If I recall the Sonics started the season playing pretty well. However, they couldn't keep it up.

·
Tru Warier
13,652 Posts
And if Danny Fortson could get more playing time this team will begin the next NBA dynasty

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.