Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4,300 Posts
LBJ to LJ for 3 said:
But with Rondo I think we just have a younger more athletic Eric Snow. The kid cant shoot jumpers, which leads us right back to the problem we have with Snow on the floor.
Eric Snow is garbage along with his contract. Rondo is considered the top PG in this class, which is saying alot depending on who declares.

Rondo is a major upgrade over Snow in my opinion.

Rondo set the Kentucky record for steals in a season as a freshman. He is quick as well as fast and can definitely lead a fast break, something Snow can not do.

· Registered
4,300 Posts
LBJ to LJ for 3 said:
No kidding Rondo is an upgrade at PG than Snow, DJ is an upgrade compared to Snow and DJ isnt even a good point guard. I was just saying we need a PG that can do more than just play defense. We need a PG who can attack the basket and atleast be respected as a scorer. And as of right now i could see teams doin the samething they do too Eric as they will do to Rondo let him shoot 17 footers.

Obviously Rondo is an upgrade, anyone with fresher legs than Esnow is an upgrade. The way Lebron is playing and with Hughes back we could get away with a athletic defensive point guard. But we all know as fans before we had Flip and Larry was injuried it was like pulling teath out there because no one besides Lebron could creat for themselves and score. And At that time It looked like we needed a PG that can take someone off the dribble and creat for himself and for the team.
Well I was just checking to see if you really thought he would be an upgrade, because you compared him to a younger Eric Snow. If there is anything Rondo can do on offense it is attack the basket. This is from ESPN's scouting report on Rondo

A quick point guard with an excellent ability to drive ... Penetrates and breaks people down off the dribble ... A prolific distributor ... Has great hands and vision
There is your answer right there. The Cavs need a PG who can distribute and create, that is exactly what Rondo is. Not to mention he is one of the best defenders in college basketball. I dont think you are going to find a better fit at PG then Rondo.

· Registered
4,300 Posts
quench23 said:
Enough talk of rondo though, im not sure if we'll be able to get him, some sites have him ranked top 15 , some top 20 and even top 25... so its up in the air.

IF rondo is taken before the cavaliers have a chance to get him who else do we have on the radar?
Really if Rondo, Williams, or Collins are gone you would probably draft another position. I do not know ifs Darius Washington is declaring or not , but if he or Farmar enter that would slide another PG down to you. Dee Brown could be a good pick, but he isnt the best defender. He has the quickness and speed to become a good defender, but he is small and is not consistant at PG. He tends to either score alot or create for his teammates, not both.

There could be a few interesting big men left like Armstrong, Davis, or Millsap.

· Registered
4,300 Posts
Benedict_Boozer said:
Watching Barbosa, he would be a perfect fit on this team at PG. Great spot up shooter, can push the tempo, solid defender (long arms), young. Also a teammate of Varejao on the Brazilian team.

I wonder what it would take to get him? Suns could use a rebounder like Gooden for one. I could see them liking Sasha also. Would have to be a S&T since he's locked up for 2 more seasons.
I dont think the Suns will let anyone near Barbosa. He is the heir aparent to nash when he retires or slows down. Barbosa can play PG, but to me seems like more of a SG. He can fill it up in a hurry and he is one the the most important players on the Suns roster, because he provides that spark off the bench.

To me it seems the Barbosa would take shots away from LeBron, Hughes, and Z. I think the Cavs need more of a pure PG to distribute the ball so LeBron doesnt have to create for everyone all the time, but thats just my opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.