Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading to Vegas soon.....

You guys did VERY well last year.....

So who are your picks to win the NCAA championship this year?
Who are your sleepers?

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Baylor
Louisville
Kentucky
North Carolina

My sleeper is NC State.

·
Premium Member
33,191 Posts
Favorites:

Kentucky
Louisville
Indiana

Next in Line:
Michigan
Duke

Sleepers:
Missouri
UCLA
North Carolina

Super Sleepers: UConn, Towson, and BU :)

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Favorites:

Kentucky
Louisville
Indiana

Next in Line:
Michigan
Duke

Sleepers:
Missouri
UCLA
North Carolina

Louisville and Kentucky are consensus picks so far. I don't mind Louisville but I would HATE to see Kentucky there again.

By the way I am all over your Super Sleepers.....:)

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Favorites:

Kentucky
Louisville
Indiana

Next in Line:
Michigan
Duke

Sleepers:
Missouri
UCLA
North Carolina

if towson is a super sleeper then binghamton should be one also... just saying

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Bing atleast has a chance. The others are ineligible
And thus the joke of his post...

Anyway, this year is WIDE open...I agree, Indiana, Louisville and Kentucky should be very good and I expect NC State, UNC, Ohio State, Mich State, Missouri, UCLA, Florida and maybe Kansas & Duke to all be pretty serious contenders.

I'm thinking that this could be a year when we get a mid-major or 2 making some major noise in March...Murray State, VCU, Butler, Creighton, San Diego State, UNLV, St. Louis.

·
Premium Member
33,191 Posts
If Wayne Blackshear bounces back from his injury last year, Louisville will be tough to beat. Blackshear is a monster.

·
Premium Member
33,191 Posts
Favorites:
Kentucky
Louisville
Florida

next in line:
Duke
Michigan state
North Carolina

Sleepers:
Indiana
Texas
Missouri
Not sure I'd call Indiana a sleeper, that's who a lot of places are picking to win.

That being said, I'm going to be rooting against that happening because of how Indiana treated Matt Roth.

·
Registered
14,160 Posts
Not sure I'd call Indiana a sleeper, that's who a lot of places are picking to win.

That being said, I'm going to be rooting against that happening because of how Indiana treated Matt Roth.
Coaches poll just released...Indiana picked #1...yeah, not a sleeper.

·
Premium Member
33,191 Posts
Coaches poll just released...Indiana picked #1...yeah, not a sleeper.
Yep. Consensus is Indiana/Louisville/Kentucky 1-3 in various orders.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just thought I would bump this so you guys can see who you picked. No Gonzagas in this group.....wish I would have put a few bucks on Miami...can't even find my sheet to see what the odds were on them. Oddly enough though I can see Miami being taken out early on. Really no run away favorites this year.....they all had their deficiencies.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Not one person thinks Georgetown is at least dangerous elite 8 material? Otto Porter may be ready for a Danny Manningesque tourny. If that happens they can win it all. Since they went to the final four last G-town has started off great each season then gone in the tank. They did not do that this year. They are always going to defend. Louisville plays D also and could be a good pick - problem with both teams is they can go dry shooting the ball.

·
Premium Member
33,191 Posts
Kentucky ended up being a bust, but I think they could have made noise in Tournament if Noel didn't tear his ACL. My sleepers are also kinda duds, but like my other picks.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
And thus the joke of his post...

Anyway, this year is WIDE open...I agree, Indiana, Louisville and Kentucky should be very good and I expect NC State, UNC, Ohio State, Mich State, Missouri, UCLA, Florida and maybe Kansas & Duke to all be pretty serious contenders.

I'm thinking that this could be a year when we get a mid-major or 2 making some major noise in March...Murray State, VCU, Butler, Creighton, San Diego State, UNLV, St. Louis.

Yeah...I did ok. Kentucky - yikes. NC State & UCLA struggled much more than I thought they would. Kinda liking my call for a mid-major to get somewhere but hating that I didn't list Gonzaga or New Mexico. New Mexico? Man, didn't see that. However, liking my mention of the Billikens back then.

Not one person thinks Georgetown is at least dangerous elite 8 material? Otto Porter may be ready for a Danny Manningesque tourny. If that happens they can win it all. Since they went to the final four last G-town has started off great each season then gone in the tank. They did not do that this year. They are always going to defend. Louisville plays D also and could be a good pick - problem with both teams is they can go dry shooting the ball.
Nobody loving Gonzaga ? a little bit?
Salty & The802...not sure if you guys realized, but all those posts were done back in October. We were all guessing for lsbal as he was trying to figure out who to throw some money down on before the season started.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Ahhhhh - I should have looked my bad. Some seemed dated and some seemed rather current. Nice jobs on the ones that could have been posted today.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts