Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Good heavens, I'm off to a great start, the message disappeared!
Ghosts in the computer!

Try again.

I sometimes think the season was all my fault. You see, on opening night at GSW I presented the team with ... a Rocky Road Cake. Pretty symbolic of how the year has gone, wasn't it?

So, with a week to go before they return to my neck of the woods....
I thought a Black Pearl Cake would have enough positive symbolism. But it requires sophisticated, not to say gourmet, taste buds. Chocolate cake with ganache and whipped cream, delicately flavored with black sesame seed, fresh ginger and a pinch of wasabi is not your everyday taste sensation. Then I thought something more down home, like Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake with chopped butterfingers. But after the team put up 20 turnovers in a narrow loss last night, is butterfingers the right message? Or I could go non-chocolate, as in Lemon Cake with Pistachio Brittle. But would they think I'm calling the season a lemon?
I'm a bit constrained since so many of my desserts contain rum, brandy or liqueur. Reef has a religious objection to alcohol and Bassy is underage.
Decisions, decisions.
Please help, what should I bring?

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Forget the Blazers, just send one of them, any one you want, to Free Geek.

·
Registered
936 Posts
crandc said:
Good heavens, I'm off to a great start, the message disappeared!
Ghosts in the computer!

Try again.

I sometimes think the season was all my fault. You see, on opening night at GSW I presented the team with ... a Rocky Road Cake. Pretty symbolic of how the year has gone, wasn't it?

So, with a week to go before they return to my neck of the woods....
I thought a Black Pearl Cake would have enough positive symbolism. But it requires sophisticated, not to say gourmet, taste buds. Chocolate cake with ganache and whipped cream, delicately flavored with black sesame seed, fresh ginger and a pinch of wasabi is not your everyday taste sensation. Then I thought something more down home, like Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake with chopped butterfingers. But after the team put up 20 turnovers in a narrow loss last night, is butterfingers the right message? Or I could go non-chocolate, as in Lemon Cake with Pistachio Brittle. But would they think I'm calling the season a lemon?
I'm a bit constrained since so many of my desserts contain rum, brandy or liqueur. Reef has a religious objection to alcohol and Bassy is underage.
Decisions, decisions.
Please help, what should I bring?
You should give 100 Grand candy bars to Miles, DA, Damon, NVE and Theo, because that's what they're worth....combined.

You should give Baby Ruth candy bars to Telfair, Outlaw, Kryapa and Ha because, well - duh.

I think Shareef deserves a Whatchamacallit because I can't figure out if this guy is a solid contributor or the quintissential empty stat loser.

Oh how I wish Stepania was still a Blazer....Butterfinger anyone? :)

Paul Allen. Well - that's easy. A Box of Nerds.

Z-Bo definitely should get a Payday......wait - he already had one. Give him a Crunch bar. He's on the IL, right?

Ruben is worthy of only one kind of candy. The Gobstopper. Get it?

Wait...wait...wait...forget all that, crandc.

What I'd like you to do, crandc, is give the ENTIRE team a box of Reese's Fast Break bars because Portland's half court offense can barely generate 80 pts a game. Oh, and save all your chocolate liqueur for Coach Pritchard. He needs them.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Hey crandc, that Choc Peanut Butter cake with Butterfingers sounds pretty good.. Go with that one.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
I need to PM you prior to our Blazer Bash IV planning session! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts