Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could pick 1 of these 2 who would you pick? My vote goes to Sammy because he hit 60+ home runs 3 of the last 4 seasons. Bonds had 1 good year, but I do not believe previous to that he had hit 60 or more home runs.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
For this year I will take Bonds. For long term I'd take Sosa 'cuz he has more years left. Also depends on whether you want lefty bat or righty bat.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Sammy by far. Bonds is famous for getting into fights with teammates, and besides, Sammy's been stuck on a losing team for a while, and I have yet to hear him complain about it.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Sosa is better for team chemistry. Id take Sosa. Tough call I mean Bonds is unreal but ill take Sammy.

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
If ROIDS were illegal in baseball,they would BOTH suck!

I'll take real talent aka A-Rod/Griffey,they DONT need JUICE to be awesome!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Originally posted by HEATLUNATIC
If ROIDS were illegal in baseball,they would BOTH suck!

I'll take real talent aka A-Rod/Griffey,they DONT need JUICE to be awesome!
Griffey? Ken Griffey Jr.?! Come on, when's the last time the guy's been healthy for a full year?

·
Registered
119 Posts
in terms of numbers, bonds.
in terms of player popularity, team chemistry, and fan attraction, sosa.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Sosa-he is the better player by far

·
Registered
97 Posts
Moderator Note: Subject tile removed. I am asking you to stop calling people names. Calling someone a moron for having an opposing view is not tolerated.- DP

bonds is ten times the player sosa ever was or ever will be. He also does, nor has he ever taken roids. he has 4 mvps and is one of the top players of all times. Sosa is grabage, maybe the most overrtaed player ever. he hits homers but that is it, Bonds will have 500 steals and homers, only guy ever to even be in te 400/400 club and he has 500/500. he also has 9 gold gloves and his teams win, which is more than I can say for Sosa.

·
BasketballBoards Fat Cat
1,320 Posts
Originally posted by 82
...and his teams win, which is more than I can say for Sosa.
That's true, because Bonds has been on better teams! Sosa has led the league (or come close to it) in RBIs the past few years, and look at who is batting around him!

Also, Sosa has demonstrated consistent improvement in his game. I remember watching him when I was younger, and he would swing at ANYTHING. It's rather remarkable that he has been around or above .300 for the last several years.

He is also a good teammate. The new Cubs manager (Bruce Kimm) accidentally switched Sosa out of a game a few weeks ago. Sosa just responded, "It's allright," instead of making a big deal out of it. Bonds can't even keep peace with his teammates... he's been regarded as a clubhouse cancer for years.

·
Registered
297 Posts
It's hard to choose. They both bring tons of fans. With Sosa you get about .300 avg 50-60 HRs about 150 K's a year. With Bonds you get .315 avg 50-60 HR's and about 150-200 walks a year. Thats an OB% of about .500! For right now I'd take Bonds.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
It has to be Sammy, but just because of age.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Originally posted by kobe's forehead
If you could pick 1 of these 2 who would you pick? My vote goes to Sammy because he hit 60+ home runs 3 of the last 4 seasons. Bonds had 1 good year, but I do not believe previous to that he had hit 60 or more home runs.

HE HAD HAD 1 GOOD YEAR????

Yea, if you measure a good year by hitting 60+ homers and that's it. Barry is currently sitting at 597 homers (I just got back from the game that #597 was hit), how do you have 1 good year and become 4th All-Time in homers hit. Also, how do you have 1 good year, but yet have more MVP awards then anyone, EVER? Just wondering about that. Bonds also makes his team a winning team. In Pittsburgh and in San Fran he makes his club a winning product. And if you wanna judge him by just 1 year, well that one year happens to be the best personal year by any player in the history of baseball.

Bonds in a land-slide

·
Registered
932 Posts
Being a huge Giants fan id take Bonds anyday. He gets as many HR's as sosa BUT he has a better average (.350), has great patience at the plate (122 BB), almost 500 SB, 598 HR, 9 time gold glove winner and probably the most consistent player today. Yeah he's a jerk but when you can put up those kind of numbers who cares?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
NEITHER

As soon as they start steroroid testing both of their production will go down.

Id rather have an ace for my staff.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts