Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Los Angeles Lakers have expressed interest in free-agent guard Delonte West, according to a league source.

West, who turns 29 this week, averaged 9.6 points, 3.2 assists and 2.3 rebounds per game for the Dallas Mavericks last season. He appeared in just 44 games because of a fractured right ring finger and picked up one of the more bizarre fines in league history when he was docked $25,000 for giving Utah's Gordon Hayward a "wet willy."

West shot 46.1 percent from the floor and 35.5 percent on 3-pointers, and the Lakers view him as a versatile player who could back up both Kobe Bryant at shooting guard and Steve Nash at point guard while bringing his outside touch to a team that ranked 25th in the NBA in 3-point accuracy last year (32.6 percent).

The Lakers have had West, a career 37.2 percent 3-point shooter, on their radar ever since hiring Mike Brown as their coach last summer. West played for Brown on the Cleveland Cavaliers from the middle of the 2007-08 season through the end of 2009-10, serving as a key cog on a Cavs team that led the league in wins in consecutive seasons.
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...nterested-former-dallas-maverick-delonte-west

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
Delonte is in real financial trouble, apparently insanity can be an expensive habit. If you looked you can find news stories about him living in Dallas' locker room because no one would rent him an apartment and having his cable cut off. He has to go where the best deal is. I'd assume that he'll be back in Dallas if they want him.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
eitherway it looks like they know what they need - who else is out there that can fit the bill - teams are getting tight with the cap space I bet there's another bargain out there ala Jamison

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
Too bad, he could have been big for us off the bench. Hopefully we nab someone like Meeks who can shoot the ball and spell Kobe.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Those legal cases along with spending like a "baller" messed him up but he's getting it back together. I think him and Ron could've fed off each other too.

Oh well, he's back home!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts