Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Sexy Moderator
13,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<!-- Component: NYDailyNews : component/story/picture.comp -->
Nate Robinson had become such a nuisance for Larry Brown that the coach considered sending him to the Developmental League last month to work on his game and improve his attitude.

According to a source close to Robinson, Brown wanted to demote Robinson to the NBA's minor league rather than keep him on the inactive list. Brown broached the idea with Isiah Thomas, but Thomas felt that Robinson would benefit from practicing with veteran teammates.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/405782p-343605c.html

· Best non-Yankee 4 17 Yrs!
2,469 Posts
Gotham2krazy said:
Ehs, he would've definitely gotten A LOT of playing time, but the NBDL is a bunch of nobodys who are trying to bes or has beens.
You are only eligible for the NBDL if you've been in the league for one or two years. You can't be a nobody in that time span.

· Registered
19,436 Posts
urwhatueati8god said:
You are only eligible for the NBDL if you've been in the league for one or two years. You can't be a nobody in that time span.
Or unless you sign with a NBDL team after your contract with the NBA team is up. See Marcus Fizer. The D-league can't be made up of all rookies and sophmores.

· Legal Smeagol
30,698 Posts
Playing with others who don't understand the game would've retarded Nate's growth all right - so I agree with what Thomas is reported to have said. I don't see the NBDL turning out prototypical PG's with perfect fundamentals - which is what Nate needs to become, at least to satisfy Brown.

· Registered
981 Posts
Not a bad idea, really...

The guys there are high level and Nate would have played PG exclusively. Its a great place to hone skills that need PT. Jackie Butler played there. Do you think he was this polished offensively out of HS? Nobody should be suprised at this...it was a close decision. The young man needs to play and I would rather have him play against guys who try to defend, rather than guys like the Knicks have (in practice).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.