Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez is expected to miss a few weeks due to his injured right ankle, a source told ESPN.com.

Hernandez's absence would force the Patriots to adjust without one of their best offensive weapons. There is not an exact timetable for Hernandez's return, but the star tight end will not play against the Baltimore Ravens in Week 3, the source said.

According to the source, Hernandez likely will not return until October at the earliest. Patriots coach Bill Belichick said during Monday's news conference that he did not have an update on Hernandez's status.

Hernandez suffered the injury in the first quarter of Sunday's loss to the Arizona Cardinals and left the stadium using crutches and wearing a walking boot.

The Patriots must find a better way to adjust without Hernandez in the lineup. New England's offense looked lost without its vaunted, two-tight end set against the Cardinals and didn't score a touchdown until late in the fourth quarter.
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story...triots-aaron-hernandez-miss-weeks-source-says

·
KVBL Champion
7,108 Posts
You don't view Lloyd as a reliable deep threat?

·
Premium Member
26,979 Posts
Opposing defenses certainly don't, which is the problem. The Spliffy Hernandez/Robogronk pairing killed opposing defenses because they both need double coverage. Lloyd doesn't get anything like Spliffy's attention. I'm guessing we'll see a lot more Ridley in the coming weeks to soften up defenses. (Boy do I wish they'd been able to hang on to the Law Firm about now.)

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
They signed Kellen Winslow today. So Pats now have 3 of the best receiving TE in the NFL

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Unfortunately Welker is being hampered by the giant fork in his back. Who knows, maybe his condition will improve as the years wears on.
Seems more like he's being hampered by the Pats not wanting to pay him. I've never been the biggest Welker fan but he's better than Julian Edelman, but instead of utilizing him they're pushing him to the back due to this agenda. I'm probably one of the biggest Belichick supporters that isn't a Pats fan, but this is disgusting.

Also this TE thing is getting out of hand. I get what they're doing it for because the mismatches and versatility provided by both Hernandez and Gronk, but at the same time they need to improve the WR position. I think after this season they'll finally address it, the same way they finally were comfortable with handing the RB load with in Ridley.

·
Premium Member
26,979 Posts
The problem is that Welker doesn't get separation anymore, leaving Brady to make perfect throws in order to get completions to him. And he's been dropping balls to boot.

I don't know, maybe he just doesn't care. He certainly threw a fit after he got franchised. But, honestly, I think they envisioned Hernandez taking over Welker's role as slot receiver and they'd like another outside threat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts