Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Beamer IS Virginia Tech football. What a career

The big rumor on the internet is that Rich Rodriguez is itching to move back East, and he's friends with Virginia Tech's AD, so he might be in play here. The guy that runs the FootballScoop website, who is pretty well connected during these coaching searches, thinks Bud Foster is not a candidate.

Interesting that a lot of jobs in that area will be coming open. Virginia Tech, South Carolina, Maryland, Virginia (probably), West Virginia (possibly)

·
Administrator
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah, euphoric elation and fact that the game passed him by and lapped him 2000 times aside, he's a legend and a great human. He MADE this program from the depths of hell.

Yeah, would've never expected Bud to be a candidate but would love for him to stay on DC especially if Rich Rod comes to Blacksburg. I heard about that connection, too. Bloom is off his rose a some but would have a chance to get it back and still love to see that offense. Anybody with a creative mind and potential explosive offense.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Hard to believe, but he could leave the next coach with actually good offensive talent. Dwayne Lawson as a top dual threat QB prospect in a system like Rich Rod would be fun to see and VT has promising skill set players in Hodges (might go pro), Ford and McMillian too.

·
Administrator
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In this situation, it won't be hard to be better, but won't care if it takes 2-3 hires.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Hard to believe, but he could leave the next coach with actually good offensive talent. Dwayne Lawson as a top dual threat QB prospect in a system like Rich Rod would be fun to see and VT has promising skill set players in Hodges (might go pro), Ford and McMillian too.
Rich Rod back in the east with the recruiting trail he knows will do wonders for VaTech. I hope this is true....

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
This makes me sad. Virginia Tech will never be the same.

·
Administrator
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This makes me sad. Virginia Tech will never be the same.
Yeah, they'll be better.

As I said, the fact that the game passed him by and lapped him 2000 times aside, he was unwilling to adapt, a bit delusional and too old school. he's a legend and a great human. He MADE this program from the depths of hell and it's way better than it was, but it's eroded from last 10 yrs.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Yeah, they'll be better.

As I said, the fact that the game passed him by and lapped him 2000 times aside, he was unwilling to adapt, a bit delusional and too old school. he's a legend and a great human. He MADE this program from the depths of hell and it's way better than it was, but it's eroded from last 10 yrs.
Virginia Tech fans on Reddit are posting that Morris, Fuente and Rodriguez (though already been debunked by others) are the top candidates. Who would you prefer?

·
Administrator
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Virginia Tech fans on Reddit are posting that Morris, Fuente and Rodriguez (though already been debunked by others) are the top candidates. Who would you prefer?
Hm. I'm not sure. Rod more established, but has his draw backs and not being an effective recruiter. Fuente done impressive job at Memphis, don't know too much about him, and Morris just got his 1st job, but may be able to help in areas with a better program than SMU. All have type of O's I'd want. Recruiting needs to step up.

I saw that thing about Fedora but he'll probably use VT for a raise.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
http://footballscoop.com/news/virginia-tech-moving-towards-hiring-a-new-head-coach/

Miss State HC Dan Mullen is a "serious candidate" for the upcoming opening at Virginia Tech, according to Scot Roussel of Football Scoop. The same report states Larry Fedora is not interested in the job. To add to the Mullen news, Roussel notes that those in the college football world expect Virginia tech to make their hire in the next seven days, which likely means they would be the first to fill their coaching vacancy.

Mentions Chad Morris as well although I wonder if he gets the job and is then successful, he would probably leave when one of the major Texas programs opens up

·
Administrator
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sounds like it'll be Justin Fuente

Love the offense, worry about the recruiting aspect.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
I lived in Blacksburg 8 years and hated Virginia tech football. But I met this guy four times and he was one of the most genuine millionaires I ever encountered. Now that he's gone I can root for that team to suck with 100% effort so that all the southwest va residents will have are cow fucking and lynching to do for fun.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts