Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source confirms @memphisnews report that the Grizzlies will not tender qualifying offer to guard O.J. Mayo, making him an unrestricted FA
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
I would love it if he went to the Clippers, but not sure if that's realistic. Would the T Wolves throw money at Mayo? Shame that D Rose is hurt, I always thought he would have been a no-brainer for the Bulls.

·
Administrator
67,768 Posts
This is actually big news, wow. The Hornets already have Austin Rivers and Eric Gordon who completely duplicate Mayo's skills. Why not add him as well?

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Shocked me at first, but he clearly wasn't in their plans, and I'm sure the QO was pretty big. Still, it's certainly not often that a 24 year old, former 3rd overall pick (who didn't really bust) is available in UFA.

·
Administrator
67,768 Posts
This is borderline fantastic news for any team under the cap with a hole at SG. The Pacers' interest must be peaked. The Wolves could also use him in the worst way. And what about Cleveland? Would they have reached on Waiters if they would have known about this?

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
Mayo has been a below average player. He was a half-way decent sixth man for Memphis last year, but he didn't give them much reason to keep him. He was just awful in the playoffs and that was probably the last straw for them. I would guess that someone overpays him badly unless he suddenly puts it together.

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
Mayo to Boston could be a nice fit.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Give him a good system/coach/veteran to learn from i think he still got time to turn into one hell of a player

the guy got pushed right into the starting lineup. really never had a veteran to learn from he got the talent he just got to get the mind/composure right

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
Give him a good system/coach/veteran to learn from i think he still got time to turn into one hell of a player

the guy got pushed right into the starting lineup. really never had a veteran to learn from he got the talent he just got to get the mind/composure right
Damn. How many excuses can you pack into fifty words or less? It's the NBA. You either produce or you don't. All that other stuff is BS. Mayo has had plenty of opportunity and he's produced damned near nothing from it.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Damn. How many excuse can you pack into fifty words or less? It's the NBA. You either produce or you don't. All that other stuff is BS.
the guy the a immature kid when he got draft that was hyped since he was 15. and he has had a solid career its not like he is a 33 y/o journeyman. he got the talent and he is F'N 24

stop acting like he is in his 30s. He got time to develop still so get off my dick

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Damn. How many excuses can you pack into fifty words or less? It's the NBA. You either produce or you don't. All that other stuff is BS. Mayo has had plenty of opportunity and he's produced damned near nothing from it.
What an idiotic ****ing opinion.

Reply if you'd like to get into a drawn out argument about how dumb as **** your opinion is.

Marcin Gortat is awesome but OJ Mayo sucks and will never get better?

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
What has Mayo done? He shot 28% in the playoffs for one thing.
Ah, so that defines his whole career so far and what he will accomplish for the rest of his career as well.

I guess it makes about as much sense as me saying "Well, Gortat didn't even make it, which proves he's a loser."

Good stuff.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
So you can not answer the question? Or do you expect someone else to engage in some infantile game instead of discussing the matter at hand? If you are waiting for someone to act childish then you should talk to the voices in your head. Mayo is going to be 25 at the start of next season. He's already in his prime and he had a 14.7 PER last season. 15 is an average NBA player. For reference Gortat had a PER of 21.2, which makes him a very good player statistically.

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
Seems like the kind of guy the bucks would throw a ton of money at, he wouldnt come here though

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
So you can not answer the question? Or do you expect someone else to engage in some infantile game instead of discussing the matter at hand? If you are waiting for someone to act childish then you should talk to the voices in your head. Mayo is going to be 25 at the start of next season. He's already in his prime and he had a 14.7 PER last season. 15 is an average NBA player. For reference Gortat had a PER of 21.2, which makes him a very good player statistically.
Well look at Diable doing the predictable "You're stupid R-Star!" bullshit. Good work. The reason we aren't talking about his % from 1 playoff series is because...... it's one playoff series and does not represent ones career or even more ridiculous, their entire future.

I mean ****, are you honestly that stupid Diable? Its an honest question. Any time someone talks basketball with you it gets mind numbingly frustrating because its always oh so apparent you don't even watch the players you talk about. And if you do, you sure as **** don't understand what you're seeing.

I love how you quit posting as soon as you brought up per and someone countered that its still better than your boyfriend Gortats.

Get the **** out of this thread.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Seems like the kind of guy the bucks would throw a ton of money at, he wouldnt come here though
Meh, I could see him going to wherever offers him the most, which sucks since he'd be a good fit for a team that doesn't expect him to all the sudden be a 20ppg guy.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts