Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all this talk about Euros, I have the feeling that I have to say something in defense of the South Americans.

We have few players that already play in NBA, but the future is very promissing.

We have some very good rookies this year. The famous one is Manu Ginobli (Argentina), but there is also Nene Hilario (Brazil) and Luis Scola (Argentina).

Pepe Sanchez that already played in NBA will be back and Carlos Arroyo and Daniel Santiago could make a deal too.

Some other players that could make to NBA are:
Anderson Varejão - Probably a top ten draft choice in 2003.
Marcelinho Machado - The leader in Brazil Team. Can shoot very well and organize the game.
Tiago Splitter - Only 17 years old and already playing in a very high level.
Fabricio Oberto - Made an outstanding World Cup. Here are his numbers: 13.3 pts, 5.5 reb, 1.1 st, 73.2%

I think the South Americans have game to show.
Any other player? Any other opinion?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
It appears Carlos Arroyo will get a chance to prove whether he belongs in the NBA or not. He has reached an agreement with the Jazz and is supposed to complete a physical today and sign his contract today or tomorrow. He will be John Stockton's primary backup so he should get about 20 MPG this season. Right now he is the only other PG on the roster. I would expect the Jazz to sign an third PG to play in practice and be the emergency backup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts