Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
McGee, Stephenson, Rondo? LeBron needs shooters around him. These guys are not that.

·
Snapping Necks and Cashing Checks
12,585 Posts
Lebron had shooters around him. I don’t think it’s as important as people think. The one thing this team will have in spades is playmakers. Everyone we’ve added except McGee can move the ball. I think that will be more important than strictly having a bunch of shooters around him.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Lebron had shooters around him. I don’t think it’s as important as people think. The one thing this team will have in spades is playmakers. Everyone we’ve added except McGee can move the ball. I think that will be more important than strictly having a bunch of shooters around him.
But in order for those playmakers to make plays, they will need at least some spacing... right?

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Ingram .390
KCP .383
Hart .396
Kuz .366

will all get significant playing time
Those 4 with Lebron might end up being the Lakers' most effective line-up this season.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
yeah I dont think Stephenson is on the floor w Lebron - I think he kind of takes the role of mini-bron (playmaker-wise) off the bench giving Lebron the chance to only play 32-33 mpg (instead of the 38 he averaged last season) and or take a night off here or there

Lebron is on record stating that he wanted more playmakers than he had on the Cavs - guys who can let him take a play off here and there - but there were already some shooters on the team

the reason the Lakers as a team were lousy from behind the arc last season was that guys like Lopez and Clarkson were taking volume treys at mediocre fg% (even IT took 100+ 3s at sub 33% in his short stint)- those guys are gone, the only 3pa volume shooter left whose 3fg% was lousy is Ball who as a rookie might still have a chance to improve the way rookies often do

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
Those 4 with Lebron might end up being the Lakers' most effective line-up this season.
that's probably right given match-ups +/- Lonzo's assumed progress

(also BI is a playmaker as well as a shooter (they've had him perform some point-forward duties when injuries struck the PG position over the last couple of seasons) and so that's handy)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts