Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am not kidding.

skiles said in his espn radio show that deng participated in a contact practice today and was ok.

but then on the sportscenter update, they said he participated in the practice and GOT HIT IN THE HEAD.

and he is OK :greatjob: and he is expected to play friday v. wiz

but, i mean, there are four games left, and we are banged up. duhon still didn't practice, gordon still with a bad ankle - which skiles said he was noticably limping on last night - kirk with the dislocated finger (ouch). etc.

four games left and still with the contact practices. my goodness.

i think it's a bit much, but what do i know?

·
Premium Member
9,839 Posts
mizenkay said:
i am not kidding.

skiles said in his espn radio show that deng participated in a contact practice today and was ok.

but then on the sportscenter update, they said he participated in the practice and GOT HIT IN THE HEAD.

and he is OK :greatjob: and he is expected to play friday v. wiz

but, i mean, there are four games left, and we are banged up. duhon still didn't practice, gordon still with a bad ankle - which skiles said he was noticably limping on last night - kirk with the dislocated finger (ouch). etc.

four games left and still with the contact practices. my goodness.

i think it's a bit much, but what do i know?
No more contact practices!!!!

Unless someone can hit Janero.

·
Registered
974 Posts
We need to give Deng a crash helmet for practice.

And i'm all for contact practice this late in the season. It's a double-edged sword. We let the guys shoot around at practice and they can come into a game flat. They practice and they go into a game tired.

However, i'm sure Skiles knows what he is doing. in Skiles i trust!

·
Registered
580 Posts
GEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Sounds more like a Bears practice to me.Ol Nocioni's probley banging around teamates in practice and then applying it in the real games against thier opponets. :yes: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not only did deng get hit - he needed stitches!

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...3bulls,1,7887606.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Luol Deng was dinged again.

After missing three games with a concussion because of a collision with teammate Eric Piatkowski during a shootaround Saturday, Deng required several stitches Thursday when he took a shot to the forehead from 7-foot Bulls teammate Luke Schenscher during practice.

"Get him a helmet," coach Scott Skiles said jokingly of the bizarre circumstance.

"Maybe a face mask or something," Deng said.

Despite the head-banging from his teammates, the second-year forward from Duke said he plans to play Friday when the Bulls continue their playoff quest against the Washington Wizards at the United Center.

"On the first play [in practice] I drove into the hole and got hit right on the head," Deng said as a drop of blood dripped down his nose. "Luke didn't mean it. Now I have got to get stitches. It doesn't matter whether he meant it or not, [the pain] is there."

are we still thinking that contact practices this late in the season are a good idea? the man is recovering from a concussion. my word.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
These things happen. One thing is to limit your players playing time in order to rest their bodies and something different is to speculate with what might actually happen. If we are going to sit in practice in order to avoid freaky accidents it would be a waste of time. The same accident could happen to Deng during the game tomorrow.
If it is about rest, no problem. But to avoid injuries is just being cynical.

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well, no. but might've been a nice idea to let gordon ease up on the already injured ankle.

Ben Gordon (left ankle sprain) is listed as probable for Friday's home game versus Washington.

so now he's listed officially on the bulls injury report? granted, he's probable, and i am sure he'll play, but still i can't imagine all that running around yesterday would have benefited the ankle.

i'm not saying, i'm just saying.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/injury_report.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.