Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goes for a career high 25 tonight. With NVE out, Claxton has stepped up and played very well. Over his last 13 games, Speedy is averaging: 15.5ppg 43FG% 5.9apg 1.8TO 3.8rpg 2.2spg

Earlier in the season he was having trouble finishing drives and was making bad passes after penetrating, but recently has played much more under control. His defense is absolutely outstanding, and he's becoming much better at penetrating and then finding the open player. Tonight he did an excellent job defensively as well. He's one of the few players in the league that can stay in front of Early Boykins, and some of the steals he makes are absolutely amazing. So what do you think? Is Claxton finally starting to develop enough consistency to be a starter? Was it just finding the team to give him a chance and being able to get over injuries?

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
I like him as a starter if he can stay healthy. He adds the fast breaking element to the team. Nick Van Exel is not that kind of point guard. There really aren't that many point guards in the league who will push the ball as fast as Speedy. I like that dimension that he adds to a team.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I've always liked Speedy. It's always seemed like he's been really unlucky. Injuries and just being on teams with no room to play him. But he's always played well IMO.

He can be a very solid point guard. Maybe better than Tony Parker? Wouldn't that be funny.

·
Queensbridge
1,936 Posts
I loved Speedy Claxton when he was entering the draft. I think he can be an above average PG, definately has a future in this league.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mattsanity</b>!
Speedy Claxton = Tyronn Lue

You should know what I mean
I don't think so.. Speedy is a very good player..and has already playoff experience.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Speedy is better than Lue, but that's not saying much. Speedy lacks the playmaking ability every good PG has. His moves is basically penetrate-and-pass. He still lacks the overall court awareness when things slow down. That being said, he's still have room for improvements and more importantly he fits in well with Warriors' younger core.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MagnusPinus</b>!

I don't think so.. Speedy is a very good player..and has already playoff experience.
You're forgetting that Tyronn Lue was with the Lakers championship team, and you're forgetting that Tyronn Lue has gone to countless teams, and you're forgetting that every team that had him expected him to be their future franchise player, but he did not capitalize on trying to become one. Same case for Speedy.

·
_(&#12484;)_&#3626;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3
28,008 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mattsanity</b>!

You're forgetting that Tyronn Lue was with the Lakers championship team, and you're forgetting that Tyronn Lue has gone to countless teams, and you're forgetting that every team that had him expected him to be their future franchise player, but he did not capitalize on trying to become one. Same case for Speedy.
A team once expected Tyronn Lue to become their "future franchise player?" A team is counting or has counted on Speedy Claxton to lead them to the glory land?

Even as much as I make fun of you, Mattsanity, I have to give you props. I couldn't think of so much blatantly wrong and dumb things to say even as a joke.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I don't know how good Speedy Claxton will be, but for now, he's definitely a better options than Nick Van Exel.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
He can be a very solid point guard. Maybe better than Tony Parker? Wouldn't that be funny.

Maybe now, but down the line I think Parker will be one of the best PG's in the league.

As far as Claxton, I was never confident he would be a good starting PG, but with his play in GS, he's proved me wrong. Speedy's really developed his mid-range jump shot, and I think that's also been a big factor in his solid play.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Speedy needs to work on his shot.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Originally posted by <b>LiLuNaTiC</b>!
Did you know his real name isnt Speedy, its Craig. Craig Claxton.
So? We all say "Vince", when it's really "Vincent".

A team once expected Tyronn Lue to become their "future franchise player?" A team is counting or has counted on Speedy Claxton to lead them to the glory land?
Of course. I always heard the commentators say "the future is bright for Lue/Claxton". They knew what they said, because they knew these two had the potentials. But what a bust these two have become. If words from an expert commentator don't convince you enough, then go around and ask some users on this board of a respective team that used to have or has either of the 2.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts