Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could have done with a lot less of both. Seth Davis adds little to broadcast.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
The first time they did it, I had to assume that everyone in the production truck fell asleep after they put it up. It was annoying as hell. It was left up for way too long.

·
Registered
48 Posts
It was the giant cherry on top of that turd of a game. Someone was obviously fond of Archie. For the life of me, I couldn't understand how we were even in the game considering that we got the living crap kicked out of us. I still can't get my head around the last 30 seconds. Obviously I would have loved a win. But I would have felt a little dirty about it because we didn't deserve it.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
That was some serious man-love for Archie by CBS. They did that at least 3 times, and for long periods of time. Don't remember them doing it for Mack at all.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
That was some serious man-love for Archie by CBS. They did that at least 3 times, and for long periods of time. Don't remember them doing it for Mack at all.
They didn't do it for Chris.

I was okay with it, because they were essentially setting up a halftime interview with Sean and Archie's father. It's that they left it up for what seemed to be a rather silly amount of time. It just detracted from the telecast.

I have to say that the guys on Blackburn Review are truly funny. They have to be the kind of guys with whom you would enjoy having a few beers. The UDPRIDE people are, well, good lord.

·
Banned
1,112 Posts
Didn't see it as I was at the game... you could tell Archie was a young, immature head coach.

I guess at a UD home game a few weeks back, Archie actually went over and yelled at the NCAA director of officials on the other side of the court during a timeout. I was a little surprised by the way he carried on on the sidelines at times. At halftime, he literally pushed a 6 or 7 year old ball boy into the basket to move him out of the way.

At another timeout at the beginning of the second half, a UD coach tried to grab a player and the player shoved him away and walked I think to the end of the bench by himself.

I always liked Archie... didn't know much about him... but thought highly of him just because he was groomed under Thad Matta and Sean Miller. But I was just taken aback by his immaturity and the apparent loose ship he runs up north with players treating coaches like that... sounds eerily familiar.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I was annoyed by the split screen. I'm trying to watch a darn game, I don't care that you have my team's coach's father on at halftime. Show the damn game!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts