Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a very important game, Tau beated Zalgiris 86x82 and now they are one the Euroleague Top 8.
Splitter scored 8 points, had 10 rebounds (7 offensives) and 2 ast in 20 minutes of play
Andriuskevicius had 1 rebound and 1 block in 5 minutes

·
Registered
657 Posts
Because Splitter had a better game this time you think he is a better player ? He might be , but drawing such a conclusion based solely on this game is not convincing at all . Andriuskevicius hardly entered the game and you still compare him to Splitter..?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I saw the game. Tanoka Beard wasnt caring to defend for Zalgiris, Darjus Lavrinovic had to come and always to help on Beard's man (Luis Scola) while leaving his man (Splitter) and after missed shots ball somehow went to Splitter's side. That was frustrating for me, but not because Splitter was doing smth spectacular, but because Tanoka just ****ed our defense and coach wasnt taking him out.

As for Andriuskevicius I dont remember him from that game except the fact when I saw him entering the court.

In first game of Tau-Zalgiris in Vitoria when Zalgiris was owned by 100-69 Andriuskevicius and Splitter got some time face to face. In first attack Splitter was blocked by Marty, and in second Marty forced travelling for Splitter. Later in garbage time Splitter collected his stats.

Anyway I think Splitter is a bit better prospect, but these games dont determ anything.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
We can't compare them.. Splitter is already a player..Andriuskevicius is still a young guy..There is only 1 year of difference but the brazilian guy is far more ready..This doesn't mean Splitter is better prospect... I never saw Andriuskevicius for extended minutes(It's obvious..he never plays).. but the scouts love him so much..He must have incredible talent...

On the other side I have seen Splitter some times and I'm not very impressed..Technically is still a work in progress...and the comparisons with Pau Gasol are absolutely generous..This guy is still very very raw.. he is very athletic,thin.. and is already an impact player...but is far from being an Nba important player..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ballstorm said:
Because Splitter had a better game this time you think he is a better player ? He might be , but drawing such a conclusion based solely on this game is not convincing at all . Andriuskevicius hardly entered the game and you still compare him to Splitter..?
Calm down. Where did I say Splitter was a better player? I just posted the stats. If the stats showed Splitter was better it's not my fault.
BTW, Splitter IS a better player. Now, you can jugde me.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Ok .. whatever.

·
Registered
48 Posts
EduRiker said:
Calm down. Where did I say Splitter was a better player? I just posted the stats. If the stats showed Splitter was better it's not my fault.
BTW, Splitter IS a better player. Now, you can jugde me.
EduRiker,
You´re right...you don´t said that Splitter is a better player in your post(and he is!!!!)...But it´s like in other boards, the brazilians prospects always are so so players...the better are the europeans...and Surprise!!! The posters bashing brazilians prospects are for the most part, european guys :angel:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MagnusPinus said:
We can't compare them.. Splitter is already a player..Andriuskevicius is still a young guy..There is only 1 year of difference but the brazilian guy is far more ready..This doesn't mean Splitter is better prospect... I never saw Andriuskevicius for extended minutes(It's obvious..he never plays).. but the scouts love him so much..He must have incredible talent...

On the other side I have seen Splitter some times and I'm not very impressed..Technically is still a work in progress...and the comparisons with Pau Gasol are absolutely generous..This guy is still very very raw.. he is very athletic,thin.. and is already an impact player...but is far from being an Nba important player..
Scouts were also in love with Skita and Darko. You know the story.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts